X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ventanakaz
    • Jun 2011

Vintage Ringside Striking Bag

Vintage Ringside bag, (it's old) How do i know it's old, Well by the Cotton/Canvas lining you see in the pictures of the bag turned inside out, The leather is such a high quality you can feel it, Like the old Bomber jackets of past, in one picture i have it next to an Everlast 4200 and there was some repairs to the panel seam done along time ago but it's fine, Hits like no other 6x9, GREAT. Had to replace the loop because it was in tatters Click image for larger version

Name:	20230916_063122.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	129365 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230916_063145.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	129366 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230916_063234.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	129367 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230918_000838.jpg
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	129368 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230918_000914.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	129369 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230918_001005.jpg
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	129370 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230918_002438.jpg
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	129371
    Last edited by ventanakaz; 09-20-2023, 07:42 AM.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0025.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	129358 Your pics won't open for me. They all say vBulletin and black screen. Sounds like you have a first generation Ringside. I have one of those. At that time that was the largest bag they sold. They used kangaroo leather. I just recently had to put a new bladder in mine. It's a really great bag to hit,
    Last edited by Dutchman; 09-18-2023, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• ventanakaz
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0025.jpg Views:	13 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	129358 Your pics won't open for me. They all say vBulletin and black screen. Sounds like you have a first generation Ringside. I have one of those. At that time that was the largest bag they sold. They used kangaroo leather. I just recently had to put a new bladder in mine. It's a really great bag to hit,
      Dutchman Wow nice bag Dutchman, I uploaded the pictures again hopefully you can see them now, You know there was something funny about the leather on this bag, it doesn't feel like other bags, and this bag had alot of usage to it, that was obvious on the loop and i had to replace it, So do you think this is a Kangaroo leather bag ? BTW does your bag have same inner bag lining like my bag ?
      Last edited by ventanakaz; 09-21-2023, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

This is a late 1980's early 1990's bag, before they switched to the banana bag. I don't recall what the lining is like, it's been about a year since I replaced the original bladder. I have the "Jumbo" version which is due for a new bladder. It's a red and black Kangaroo leather bag also, It appears to have been made by the same shop that made this one. I'll let you know when I change the bladder in the large bag.

Comment

• ventanakaz
          • Jun 2011

Dutchman Yah your right, Just by turning the bag inside out and seeing the canvas/cotton lining it's probably from the first Gen Ringside bags, i'm really not a fan of the banana shaped bags but there are a few that hit good in my opinion

Comment

• dad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2018

I love it. There has to be a person out there that can stump the "Dutchman" the problem is we haven't found them yet. Enjoy

Comment

• ventanakaz
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by dad View Post
              I love it. There has to be a person out there that can stump the "Dutchman" the problem is we haven't found them yet. Enjoy
              Oh he got a tiny bit stumped when i posted pictures of my Draper-Maynard Striking bag from the late 20's This particular bag had a versatile loop, it was a loop with a hole on the top for a rope to go through, at the end where the rope stopped, was Anchored by a lead type weight that fit perfectly inside the loop, So you had the option to use the bag with a ball-rope swivel, or take the rope off to use it for a ball-hook swivel, He thought it was modified but i told him to look at the threads that attach the loop, They were the same type of threads though out the bag, That's when he said it was probably because of the time period when ball-rope swivels were still available and the ball-hook swivels were also available, This was probably a time period just before everyone phased out the ball-rope swivels. That's to bad that the ball-rope swivels were phased out because there was a huge benefit from the ball-rope swivels over the ball-hook swivels when it came to boxing.

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

But we have to admit, the man is AMAZING.

Comment

• ventanakaz
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by dad View Post
                  But we have to admit, the man is AMAZING.
                  So true, i got on the Vintage band wagon because of the Dutchman, Paranday, Bagman. I was pointed to my first Vintage bag on Ebay by Paranday, from that time on it was a Journey of delight added by lots of wasted money because of dried out leather of old, No regrets though but big respect to the old time baggers that have come and gone.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...