X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

GoldSmith vintage bag restoration

Dutchman, I was hoping you would have some info on this bag, barely can we make out Goldsmith and JE 55 or a UE 55, originally with a swivel eye attached to the loop. This bag came with a unique swivel now that remember I will try and find original pics.
    The Speed Ball should be in every hall
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

It's possible it's one the line of bags made for General Services Administration. A lot of the makers supplied the branches of the military during WWII and Korea. That swivel eye was a requirement, as it allowed the use of a screw hook when setting up in the field.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      It's possible it's one the line of bags made for General Services Administration. A lot of the makers supplied the branches of the military during WWII and Korea. That swivel eye was a requirement, as it allowed the use of a screw hook when setting up in the field.
      Ok, thanks!,
      I was under the impression theses hooks were made for rope swivels to attach. Didn’t make sense to me that everyone had rope tied around the loop of the bag to me.and wasn’t long after Nicols swivels that Everlast started producing with s hooks. Consistently Learning, I think that’s one of the bags best features for me, uncovering and learning the history

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

I have a little update on this bag, may be a Navy bag or this anchor may be just what it is. I just happened to see after I took off the loop and started cleaning.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

It looks like the anchor is stamped into the clamp. I'd say it's a pretty good bet that it is a USN bag.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...