Bag hangs too low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag hangs too low

I have a Title 100lb bag that has straps instead of chains and I’m hanging it from an Everlast punching bag stand. The problem is the bag hangs too low and because it isn’t hung by a chain I can’t raise it up a few inches. Any ideas on how to cinch the straps or use some other method to raise the bag? I’m 5’10” and currently am at eye level with the top of the bag.

Originally posted by Psum181 View Post
    I have a Title 100lb bag that has straps instead of chains and I’m hanging it from an Everlast punching bag stand. The problem is the bag hangs too low and because it isn’t hung by a chain I can’t raise it up a few inches. Any ideas on how to cinch the straps or use some other method to raise the bag? I’m 5’10” and currently am at eye level with the top of the bag.
    Can you post some pics ???

Comment

Uploaded four pictures. I hope this gives you a better idea of what I’m working with. I appreciate the help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Psum181 View Post
        Uploaded four pictures. I hope this gives you a better idea of what I’m working with. I appreciate the help.
        WOW, the only thing I can think of, is add more of the metal tubing where it is bolted at the back behind the bag, I'm sure you can probably find some tubing to extend the height and either drill holes and bolt it in place, But it would be better to weld the extended metal tubing, if you don't have a welder than you'll have to take it to a shop, in fact a metal Machinist shop can fix that easily, That's the only thing I can think of, Unless you use a seam ripper and cut the threads and re sow the straps shorter, I'm a flooring installer and you can probably use carpet thread, it is really strong and thick, That's how they used to seam carpet together a long time ago.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...
        X