• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skip/jump rope

had a MAJOR epic fail while doing this massiv lash on my neck

Comment

ouch!

Cool ropework though, I'd love to be able to do that. What rope are you using?

I bought a new rope - it's steel rope and I'm torturing myself with it. I think I want to go back to a plastic one but with bearings. Any recommendations?

Comment

Leather jump rope

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
        ouch!

Cool ropework though, I'd love to be able to do that. What rope are you using?

I bought a new rope - it's steel rope and I'm torturing myself with it. I think I want to go back to a plastic one but with bearings. Any recommendations?
        ...you should get a leather jump rope with wooden handles and bearings in the handles. i have an old one they work great but i can't use it anymore cause of bad knees...ralph

Comment

sorry again for late replies

ok i use a YORK speed rope, i will post it up but it is quite LARGE and i dont think you can adjust it, but it's kinda good because it makes u swing HARDER which burns more i guess

also i have 3 speedropes for footwork only (very light) and they are like a couple quid each, i will post the links up at the end of this

as for the york rope is brilliant, wire rope with pvc coating, keeps it very FAST and durable however not so durable if like me you skip on concrete! it's beginning to wear away and when im doing pace routines such as in the video, i can ACTUALLY see sparks flying which is absolutely crazy scary lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YORK-PROFE...7#ht_500wt_922

the best rope ive EVER used and its relatively cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skipping-R...item80107e7d86

the other type which are VERY good quality and very long lasting as well as efficient for what you pay

honestly go for it and if you need any advice or anything let me know more than happy to help

Comment

I use a Buddy Lee Aero Jump Rope.
            It is not cheap but it is super fast and a quality product altogether.

Comment

Nice!!
              How long have you been jumping?

Comment

Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
                Nice!!
                How long have you been jumping?
                hmmm good question

i knew the basic rhythm a few years ago, but never took skipping seriously, then just a couple months ago when i really got back into working out and into boxing i started to push for a quicker action and more twists etc

so i would say after learning the basic rhythm you could be at this standard within a month if u concentrate and focus on it all, and be patient of course

any Qs leme know il help as much as i can but i aint a pro so bare with me

Comment

Okay thanks!

I throw in some jump rope in my boxing workouts sometimes!
                  But I have a low ceiling so it's hard to do skipping tricks inside..
                  I better hurry shaping it upp as long as I can be outside!!

Comment

Hmm cable string with pvc covering, keeps it very FAST and resilient however not so resilient if like me you miss on concrete! it's starting to put on away and when im doing speed workouts such as in it clip, i can ACTUALLY see initiates traveling which is definitely crazy......

http://bridgew.academia.edu/JakariGriffith
                    Last edited by Sam22; 05-16-2014, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X