• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Speed Bag Hang! "Hangin' And Bangin'!"

Ok, with all this talk about the convention and regionals, I thought of this..
    (based off my phrase to some people I have hung with under the board, "it was cool hangin' and bangin' with ya..")

If there is any type of get together that won't be as big as the convention or a regional, can it be deemed a "hang".....

That works 2 ways... 1. We are hanging out together, baggin' it up!
    That's the "hang". 2. The term "hang" is also great because the bag has to "hang" to be properly utilized! haha..

So.... "Speed Bag Hang" give it a number, date and place and call it a day...
    "Speed Bag Hang I"
    Canyon Country, CA July 4th, 2010

Definition: A Speed Bag Hang is any hang that brings together multiple baggers and the word is out amongst all baggers. They will be smaller than Conventions or Regionals and won't be as long...
    A hang is usually the length of a BBQ. It can start anytime and go into the wee hours of the night if the baggers are into it! Participating baggers talk about how many boards they can get together, and other baggers on the forum can help out if possible and provide whatever it is that facilitates a killer Bag Hang!
    The first one that comes to mind is from back in August 2009. It was Skunk, TIm and myself all in Tim's garage. It was our first hang. I know them so much better now. It was a great time!
    Then the whole Speed Bag Porch thing was legendary at Skunk's house! 5 Baggers!
    I've had 3 Speed Bag Truck hangs with Alan Kahn and they rule cuz it's 1 on 1. That's the best with Alan. Well, one of them was with Metaldad.
    I've had a couple with Sparrky. One with jordan, One with Geronimo and Paranday... one with Ted, and maybe some more I am spacing on at the moment... OH yeah, Bif and I in PA, at a backstreet boxing garage, very strange for both of us... but we bagged and Bif has turned out to be one of the most stand up people you;ll ever meet!
    So ... thoughts on the "speed bag hang vibe? Input/ ideas???
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

I really like this idea. We'd have to designate a west coast venue for "Hang 10."

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

More musicians

Tichy you and your boy JD tore it up in Jersey for us. You are unbelievale and when I don't think that it was real, I watch my videos of you again. The best was you guy's playing and Master Kahn baggin. JD is so funky on the base I was tranced. So what ever its called we need more drummers and a couple of other supporting musicians you know. The live music was the best. Did you know Willie Nelson bags and practices martial arts? The man is legendary and if there are a few more out there that would show up it would be so cool.
      The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
        ...Did you know Willie Nelson bags...

http://www.statesman.com/health/cont...11fitcity.html
        I think of Curly Howard saying, "Look at the grouse". If that platform were any higher, Willie would need stilts to reach it.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Tichy you and your boy JD tore it up in Jersey for us. You are unbelievale and when I don't think that it was real, I watch my videos of you again. The best was you guy's playing and Master Kahn baggin. JD is so funky on the base I was tranced. So what ever its called we need more drummers and a couple of other supporting musicians you know. The live music was the best. Did you know Willie Nelson bags and practices martial arts? The man is legendary and if there are a few more out there that would show up it would be so cool.
          That pic of Willie looks like he is punching a side or reverse punch!
          We need to get him a message and see him on vid! We need to learn more about this!
          AWESOME!

Comment

• PIEFURZ
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Did you know Willie Nelson bags and practices martial arts? The man is legendary and if there are a few more out there that would show up it would be so cool.
            So is this what the future looks like for Speed Bag Skunk with all his bagging and boxing training? Legendary, Skunk on!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

"Very Well Put" Spin, I know for me, I only wish that my "hangs" were more frequent.
              And being that speedbaggers in general are somewhat far and few between doesn't help matters. Luckily the speedbag comminity has you as a catalyst for many "Killer Hangs".
              The Speedbag truck, your line of work (traveling etc.) and your love for the bag in itself has given a lot of attention and exposure for the art of speedbaggin'. I know it's helped inspire me. I can't think of anything cooler than a good Speed Bag Hang. If life didn't get in the way, I could easily travel the country as a "Hanger of the Bag"!
              T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...