• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

+++The OFFICIAL Speed BAG 2010 Thread++

I hope Tim doesn't mind....

I proclaim this the Official SB 2010 Thread. Anyone attending, please feel free to add to this thread, as well as those of you who could not make it.

I intend to post nightly updates of the days activities with pix and vids. I checked with the hotel and there is high-speed internet access. My only concern is that the post-bagging activities may impair my ability to post updates!!!! But I'll do my best.

Tim is on his way already. I spoke with him earlier and he's hoping to roll into Keyport in the very early afternoon. All is going well with him and the family on their road trip to Jersey.

AK, myself, Deano and his Dad will all be there by late afternoon. I think Skunk's plane gets in Thursday night. I plan to host a welcome to Keyport, NJ party in my hotel room tomorrow night. Anyone, and everyone is invited.

NOTE: as I was typing this, I just got a call from Deano. He and his Dad are in Las Vegas, and their flight tomorrow is on schedule. I didn't get a chance to ask him if he won BIG in Vegas. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

To be continued....
    Last edited by Biff; 06-16-2010, 05:29 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
    I hope Tim doesn't mind....

I proclaim this the Official SB 2010 Thread. Anyone attending, please feel free to add to this thread, as well as those of you who could not make it.

I intend to post nightly updates of the days activities with pix and vids. I checked with the hotel and there is high-speed internet access. My only concern is that the post-bagging activities may impair my ability to post updates!!!! But I'll do my best.

Tim is on his way already. I spoke with him earlier and he's hoping to roll into Keyport in the very early afternoon. All is going well with him and the family on their road trip to Jersey.

AK, myself, Deano and his Dad will all be there by late afternoon. I think Skunk's plane gets in Thursday night. I plan to host a welcome to Keyport, NJ party in my hotel room tomorrow night. Anyone, and everyone is invited.

NOTE: as I was typing this, I just got a call from Deano. He and his Dad are in Las Vegas, and their flight tomorrow is on schedule. I didn't get a chance to ask him if he won BIG in Vegas. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

To be continued....
    IF they get off the plane with clothes on their back you'll know. Vegas can do that to ya!. Looking forward to the Pre-Party.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I just set up a Everlast Adjustable Platform in my Mom's that I got for 1/2 off ($60.00), at Modell's Sporting Goods Store in Parsippany NJ! there is still one left! You cannot beat that deal.
      They also have the beginner model that is usually 60.00 on sale for 30.00!
      There was no way I could be in NJ with the Bag Convention happening and not have a platform at Mom's!
      I hear Skunk has an insane new move. i am working on one too!
      If I can get out tomorrow night, I may try to cruise down.....
      If not, I;ll be there with my bud JD in the early afternoon on Friday!
      Bag it up in Bagport!

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

The speed bag trailer just pulled into a hotel in Maryland, about 160 miles to go. I should be there around 12 or 1 pm tomorrow, I hope. The GPS died though, so I gotta go old school and get out a map. Hopefully that won't slow us down too much.

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Anyone hear from Dee Pooler lately? Last time I talked to him (early last month), he said he was coming to SB 2010. But I'm not sure if his plans changed. Does anyone know if he is still coming?

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            Anyone hear from Dee Pooler lately? Last time I talked to him (early last month), he said he was coming to SB 2010. But I'm not sure if his plans changed. Does anyone know if he is still coming?
            Last I had heard, one of his boxers had a fight very close to the date and he probably wasn't going to make it.

I did receive word of 1 add'l attendee via e-mail today, someone who is not a forum member AFAIK, so I think we are at a solid 20 attendees.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Feb 2010

Thanks for setting this thread up! I'm getting so excited for all of you

Will be checking in regularly, can't wait for the updates!!

Safe journey to all of you making your way to the event, and . . .

I know you're all going to have a fantastic time!

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Not much to report yet. Tim and family rolled in about 3. Deano and his dad arrived about 4. I'm at the airport now waiting for AK. His flight was messed up. He should be here by 8 or 9. Party may have to wait until tomorrow. We setup most of the equipment and will finish in the morning.

There may be pix later.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Biff, glad to hear most everything's going according to plan. I'm due to arrive a little after 11:00 am tomorrow. As soon as I get situated, I'll make it to the gym. Let me know if there's anything I can do. See you then!
                  T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Right on guys!! Can't wait to the pics and vids!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I made it to Keyport, NJ!

Hey everybody, I finally rolled in around 2pm today. Tim was outside hitting on the setup when I walked up. It took him a second to recognize me... After greeting each other (we skipped a hug, due to the fact that it's very hot here and Tim was kinda, well, sweaty. )

It's kind of surreal for me... getting to meet so many Forum members in person! Tim, Bif, Alan, Tommy T, Skunk, Spins, Jack (Eighty-eight), TJ, Scissors (Adam)... and deano! All the way from Australia. I got to meet his dad, too. What a great bunch of people here this weekend. I know I'm leaving out some people... so sorry... I'm a little rummy from the long overnight flight. Got in to Newark at 7:30 this morning – from Seattle, and I'm about to nod off while writing this. But, I just had to post some raw footage.
                      Enjoy!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Biff
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

What a day!!!! It was non stop bagging, talking, learning, and enjoying. By mid-morning the place was rocking. Dee listed the members in the post above. In addition, our host, Don Blanks (Real Gymm) was there, tending to everyone's needs. We ate lunch outside on the deck of a restaurant overlooking the bay.

Folks from the gym were there, a father-son team(Louis and Brandon Dolfinger) came from upstate NY; they saw the ad on the internet and decided to come down. Folks from Brooklyn, NY were there. Well over 20 people were in attendance.

Deano and his dad "wowed" everyone with their "Down Under" style of punching. Skunk put on a "clinic", and Scissorhands was spinning and making the bag sing.

Everyone had their time bagging - 88, SpeedyTommyT, TJ, Tim, myself. It ws just amazing to be in the same room with such awesome talent.

Spinsmashpop (BT) showed up in the afternoon with a good friend of his, JD, one hellava bass player. They jammed for maybe 1/2 or better. But the bagging highlight of the day, without a doubt, was AK punching-drumming to the groove of BT and JD. They played 3 or 4 songs and Alan was dead-on with each one. Never missed a beat or punch. I hope someone posts that vid; you'll enjoy it.

When he was finished, we presented Alan with a plaque, honoring him for all he has done over the years to promote the art of speed bagging. It was an emotional moment; and he was truly appreciative.

I hope to post some pix and vid later. But it was non-stop today. Lots of folks have pix and vids and I'm sure they'll post up in the near future.

Right now we're getting ready to find a spot to eat and then continue with the post-bagging activities (wink, wink).

For those of you that could not make it, please try to attend the next one. It was just unbelievable to be in the same room with so many talented and great people.

I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but if it's anything like today, it should be awesome.
                        Last edited by Biff; 06-21-2010, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Damn, now I'm really wishing I was there! Keep the videos coming! I'll definitely have to make the next one; once a year may not be enough.

Comment

• Biff
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Well it's after 2:00 am and we just closed the last drinking establishment in Keyport. TJ, MsDeville, Skunk, BT, AK, Tim and myself had to make a night of it and finish off the day with a bang.

Here are some pix of the day:
                            1) AK and Skunk discussing the BP oil spill
                            2) The back of Real Gymm with the great banner Don ahd made
                            3) Lunch on the bay
                            4) A couple of non-forum baggers
                            5) BT and his friend, JD, and AK, MsDeville and TJ

Lots more pix but too tired to post them now.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Biff; 06-20-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

I'm done saying I wish I was there. Rather I'll say it sounds exactly the way I figured it would!! I had this carzy idea of trying to bag to some killer Jersey bands (Overkill, God Forbid, Zakk Wylde....I don't have any Bon Jovi or Bruce Springsteen) but time has not been on my side. Maybe I'll get something quick before it's all over and done with.
                              Last edited by metaldad; 06-19-2010, 10:41 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...