• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Group Rates

Tim,
    I am planning to attend SPEED BAG 2010 on 6/18 and 6/19 (day only). Have the group rates at the Holiday Inn Hazlet become available yet? If not, will you post the announcement when they do become available? I wonder if the group rate will apply in my case since I'm only staying over one night.

Thanks,
    Jack Tyrrell
    ("Eighty-Eight")
  • Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Definitely going to Speed Bag 2010. Booked 6/18 at the Holiday Inn Hazlet, group rate or not. They said they had about 9 rooms left for that night. June is wedding season. Gotta go put more time in under the board.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight View Post
      Definitely going to Speed Bag 2010. Booked 6/18 at the Holiday Inn Hazlet, group rate or not. They said they had about 9 rooms left for that night. June is wedding season. Gotta go put more time in under the board.
      Hi Eighty-Eight, I'll get on the phone with them on Monday and see if we can get your rate changed , although if they already have only 9 rooms left, they may not be looking to offer us any deal. There is another place nearby, I believe a best western. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Thanks, Tim. That would be great. If you do happen to workout something at Best Western, I was told that I could cancel my Holiday Inn reservation without penalty.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Thanks, Tim. That would be great. If you do happen to workout something at Best Western, I was told that I could cancel my Holiday Inn reservation without penalty.

Group rate at the Best Western Hazlet Inn is $85 night + tax. Mention Speed Bag event or use code BAGS to get the rate, which is good until May 18th. Must reserve with a credit card.

I haven't been able to get a hold of the sales dept for Days Inn yet, but will try again tomorrow.

The speedbag2010.com lodging section has been updated with the details.

Google map link:
          Last edited by Tim; 03-15-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Tim, is the Holiday Inn still a choice, or is the BW our "official" hotel. I think they're less than 1 mile apart.

EDIT: Would be nice if I read your reply COMPLETELY. Any luck with the Holiday Inn?

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

The rate I was given at Holiday Inn Hazlet (with the Triple A discount) was $144.00. That was for a single with a queen-sized bed.

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

The rate I was given at Holiday Inn Hazlet (with the Triple A discount) was $144.00. That was for a single with a queen-sized bed.
                Thanks 88. I hope Tim can get a rate that is competitive with the BW, just in case.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Hey Tim, is the Holiday Inn still a choice, or is the BW our "official" hotel. I think they're less than 1 mile apart.

EDIT: Would be nice if I read your reply COMPLETELY. Any luck with the Holiday Inn?
                  No luck with the holiday inn. Their sales dept is NOT returning calls, possibly because they were nearly full already.

I would advise to go with the Best Western I'm on the line with the best western now making my reservation.
                  Last edited by Tim; 03-16-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Thanks 88. I hope Tim can get a rate that is competitive with the BW, just in case.
                    I got a double queen for the group rate for 6/17, 6/18, 6/19, 6/20. Since I am involved with setup/teardown I'm planning on staying a bit longer than most others will.

I suggest anyone planning to go make their reservation now! This place *WILL* fill up, and probably soon. June is "Wedding Season" in Jersey, I'm told.

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Done. I cancelled HI and booked BW for 6/18. Psyched.

Comment

• Biff
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I'm in! Here it is.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Got mine at BW. The 17th is not at group rate, so it's $89.00 vs $85.00.

The Jersey Shore at less than $100.00 a night? Get outa town....
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by speedbag View Post
                            got mine at bw. The 17th is not at group rate, so it's $89.00 vs $85.00.

The jersey shore at less than $100.00 a night? Get outa town....

I need to call and get an update on how many rooms are left, can't be too many...
                            Last edited by Tim; 03-23-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post

I need to call and get an update on how many rooms are left, can't be too many...
                              I did it over the phone. the website didn't take the BAGS code. Not to user friendly. Tim, I need to either bring or send you some Ballhooks, as well as others from my swivel collection.
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...