• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

How much air to pump in speed bag

Most speed bags say to pump in a maximum of 4 lbs of pressure. I have a guage and when I pump in 4 lbs, the bag still feels like it could take in some more air. So what I do is I continue to pump in air until the bladder "refuses" to take more air. I stop pumping air in at this point. My question is: is it ok to pump air in to the point where the bladder absolutely cannot hold anymore? I never force in more air, so I assume that I am not damaging the bag. Am I right in thinking this?
  • firemanjer
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2007

How much air to pump in speed bag

Use the search function. There are many posts with an explanation. Or this link to Speedbag's website.

Sounds like you are severely over inflating. Your hands will get sore after a short time. The bag leather will split also.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

It's too much air if it hurts your hand to hit it... anything less than that is fine - bladders are replaceable and speed bags are cheap

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...