• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vatom
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2008

Rebound problems

This week I purchased an Everlast 4210, and have started having rebound problems. It has very erratic rebounds. When I look at the bottom of the bag the six panels on the bag have noticeable "flats" between the seams. The bag I was replacing does not look like this. Does the bag need more air (4 psig is stamped on the bag)? I do not have a gauge to reliably check the pressure,
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Use it for a few more days - it might just need breaking in. Take it back if it does not correct itself. Years ago I bought an everlast 4204 gyro balanced bag. For a few days I had problems with it concerning the rebound. It eventually correctd itself, and became a very good bag. I still have this bag - it's about 20 years old and is still my best bag.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I concur with Rigal, give it a few days to break-in. Wouldn't hurt to try more air either. No speed bag should ever need to be inflated to where it's rock hard and hurts your hand to hit though....

Comment

• vatom
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2008

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, this is the first new speed I have had. My first one had several years of use on it. I will hit a while to see if it straightens out.

Thanks

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...