• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NABALCHI
    • Nov 2007

Swivel Question

whitch swivel is the best
    i have the chainlink swivel but it gets tangleg up often when you try to hit it at diferent angles, also i have a stock swivel that comes with one of those combo deals heavy bag/speedbag and call me crazy but it actually works better than the chainlink swivel.the problem is that is also no good fore angles and its slow. i bought the plastic s hook swivel and it seems to work good for angles but is is really the best option i dont know if its cheap beacuse is plastic what do you guys recommend???
    any help would be apreciated.\

also i built my own platform, i got tires of the vibration of that cheap platform crap in combos i will post pictures soon
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Welcome aboard.

S Hook all the way, it's the best swivel. It doesn't particularly matter if it's plastic or metal, although some have their preferences.

The chain link may be more expensive, but it's generally considered not as good (as you have experienced) for the type of hitting speed baggers do..

Comment

• NABALCHI
      • Nov 2007

Thanks Tim

I Also Heard The S Hook Normally Unscrews But I Glued It Before I Even Put It On First So Ive Been Ok With It And No Problems

Comment

• Ergon
        • Sep 2007

S hook FTW.

I had this shit one before..

got my metal S hook (vintage one lol) BESt thing i have ever bought BEST swievl to hit to so fast

Comment

• speedbag4life
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by NABALCHI View Post
          I Also Heard The S Hook Normally Unscrews But I Glued It Before I Even Put It On First So Ive Been Ok With It And No Problems
          The glue might be a problem if the shank ever slips down from the ball. In that case you'd need to remove the swivel + housing from your platform and hope to wedge your tools into it to tighten things up. (A good swivel shouldn't slip its shank, but some of the cheap (metal) S-hook swivels that were sold for a while were prone to it. If you have one of them, you're out of luck.) Next swivel, consider fastening tight with a pipe wrench instead of using glue. I haven't tried teflon tape, but that might help, too. (?)
          Last edited by speedbag4life; 11-08-2007, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...