Anyone heard of, or seen this heavy bag/speed bag stand before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 97mustang82
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2007

Anyone heard of, or seen this heavy bag/speed bag stand before?

I might buy this tomorrow from a guy selling it on craigs list. He said it's made by a company called Upper Cut Gold. I never heard of them and can't find it anywhere online. I didn't really ask him more about the brand, but the speed bag platform is vertically adjustable and the foot print is real wide on this thing which will allow me to move around a bit more for my heavy bag workout. Something my Everlast stand doesn't really do well. Also seems like speedbag vibration would be less since the foot print is so wide. Plus the 2 braces on the vertical post are so far away from the post itself that I can actually punch my heavy bag real hard without worrying about it hitting the side braces like on my Everlast stand. He wanted $100 for the stand and the p.o.s century bag, but I asked him if he could do $70 and he said yes without a negotiation. I should of asked for $60

So has anyone heard of this stand or seen it before?

Last edited by 97mustang82; 09-01-2007, 03:21 AM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I can't vouch for the heavy bag part of it, but the speed bag platform will vibrate badly. There's no stopping the vibration with these freestanding units.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

amen to that Tim!! I'm trying everything to no avail!
      sigpic

Comment

• 97mustang82
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2007

Well my Everlast unit isn't soooo bad. Without the 40lb sand bag on top of the wood, 200lb weights on the posts, and another 30lbs of sand on the floor bars, the thing definitely vibrates like all hell. But with all that ish on and maybe even some straps, my Everlast stand isn't so bad. But this upper cut unit seems like the vibration would be much less. Where's Alan on this one? I'm sure he's seen this stand before. There's probably not a stand out there that he hasn't seen before and even tried.

BTW, how much sand do you have on you platform? If you use a sand bag, make sure it's all in one flat bag and spread out evenly across the entire top of the board. Or maybe you can try the straps like Alan suggested. I'm thinking about that one.

What I have tried is putting a tire on top of the board I have a 17" Khumo tire with a 45 series profile that measures to just about 24" diameter on it's flat sidewall. Only problem with this was I noticed that I have to cut out a section of the tires bead to the width of the bar that hold the platform so it can form around the entire board without one end sitting on top of that bar. Only problem cutting the tire is the tire bead is made of a steel belt that lines the bead.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by 97mustang82 View Post
          Well my Everlast unit isn't soooo bad. Without the 40lb sand bag on top of the wood, 200lb weights on the posts, and another 30lbs of sand on the floor bars, the thing definitely vibrates like all hell. But with all that ish on and maybe even some straps, my Everlast stand isn't so bad. But this upper cut unit seems like the vibration would be much less. Where's Alan on this one? I'm sure he's seen this stand before. There's probably not a stand out there that he hasn't seen before and even tried.

BTW, how much sand do you have on you platform? If you use a sand bag, make sure it's all in one flat bag and spread out evenly across the entire top of the board. Or maybe you can try the straps like Alan suggested. I'm thinking about that one.

What I have tried is putting a tire on top of the board I have a 17" Khumo tire with a 45 series profile that measures to just about 24" diameter on it's flat sidewall. Only problem with this was I noticed that I have to cut out a section of the tires bead to the width of the bar that hold the platform so it can form around the entire board without one end sitting on top of that bar. Only problem cutting the tire is the tire bead is made of a steel belt that lines the bead.

I have a Century stand with two sand bags on the platform, 260lbs on the posts,a total of four straps for the platform and post two straps around the speedbag post and duct tape well, I also gorilla glued a 3/4" board to the platform itself. I t helps a bit, but even with that much overkill it still vibraates. I took some pics that I will upload soon. I never thought about using a tire. Sounds like a good idea. I thought about using weights but I think I'm just gonna get some help and mount the speedbag to the wall. I have a very tiny garage so this might even help free up space.
          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...