• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Chapman
    • Feb 2017

Swivel change only 1 week in.

Hi

So I've had the bag up for a week now. I bought an everlast kit with the wall mount, drum and the swivel, which is a d type. I got a cheap Tap out bag, which seems ok.
    I pimped the drum up by adding an inch of Ply on the top.

Now my punching has improved a bit, I am finding that on slight miss hits the swivel is twisting a bit and the bag is sliding up the d link, and so I have just purchased an everlast plastic ball swivel. So hopefully that will improve my technique.

Anyone happy to critique if I post some vids?

Cheers
    L
    If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
    So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

Do you have the adjustable Everlast unit? That's the one I have. It came with a U Bolt swivel. I changed my swivel to a Swiveltek swivel which is a ballhook. For my setup I found the Swiveltek a bit slower than the U bolt, but since I am trying to learn the Bible style bagwork it is much better for me.

If i am still into this at a later date I will get a Balaz platform in the future and put my Everlast in the garage for summer time hitting.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
      • Feb 2017

Hi

Yes it is the adjustable unit. Just did some hitting today and the swivel is clanking like crazy.

Yes I am going to learn bible style. I have the book, and am waiting on the DVD to arrive.

When I come to replace the bag, I'll go for a Balsa bag, but I am fortunate enough to have a home fitness studio, so won't be replacing the drum for a while.

Regards
      L

Comment

• PunchDrummer
        • Jan 2012

I feel a little like preaching to the choir, and I'm surprised no one has jumped on this but:
        It's good that you experiment with various swivels as a beginner. I did. I even went a little nuts for a while trying every swivel I could get my hands on. When all is said and done, you'll know what you're talking about when it comes to shortcomings or advantages. We've all made our "Frankenswivels", but quite honestly, and I think most will agree, the "DeVille" (by Ms.Deville") is the Rolls Royce of swivels for Bible-Style punching. It's not meant to be hammered on during a workout, although it could take it. It has a beautiful brass ball sliding in a superglide neoprene base, and it's feels like the work-of-art that it is. You may want to keep experimenting, but eventually, when you do try one, it will feel like a fine fountain pen after only having known pencils. (I'm into fountain pens at the moment. lol) Have fun. Here's one of mine - you should be able to zoom and see the details. The holes align with EverLast 4-hole swivels, and the plastic Everlast ball-hook is close, but much slower. That would be a good starter and you won't have to drill any more holes in your platform.:

Comment

• Lee Chapman
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
          I feel a little like preaching to the choir, and I'm surprised no one has jumped on this but:
          It's good that you experiment with various swivels as a beginner. I did. I even went a little nuts for a while trying every swivel I could get my hands on. When all is said and done, you'll know what you're talking about when it comes to shortcomings or advantages. We've all made our "Frankenswivels", but quite honestly, and I think most will agree, the "DeVille" (by Ms.Deville") is the Rolls Royce of swivels for Bible-Style punching. It's not meant to be hammered on during a workout, although it could take it. It has a beautiful brass ball sliding in a superglide neoprene base, and it's feels like the work-of-art that it is. You may want to keep experimenting, but eventually, when you do try one, it will feel like a fine fountain pen after only having known pencils. (I'm into fountain pens at the moment. lol) Have fun. Here's one of mine - you should be able to zoom and see the details. The holes align with EverLast 4-hole swivels, and the plastic Everlast ball-hook is close, but much slower. That would be a good starter and you won't have to drill any more holes in your platform.:
          http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...8&d=1372398263
          That is a sweet bit of kit, I do have on in mind for the future, around the same time I downsize my bag and get a balzs 6x4 in perhaps a year. In the mean time as it was only £14 I thought to try that.

I'll post a review later today

L

Comment

• jaja6009
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2016

I am getting a Deville swivel when I get my new platform in the future. I've read way too many reviews stating that this swivel is the best for Bible style.
            For now on my cheapo Everlast adjustable unit I have a Swiveltek and like it.

If I keep up with this new hobby I can justify getting a nice platform and will put a Deville on it so if I have an urge can just go back to an Everlast swivel easy enough.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
              I am getting a Deville swivel when I get my new platform in the future. I've read way too many reviews stating that this swivel is the best for Bible style.
              For now on my cheapo Everlast adjustable unit I have a Swiveltek and like it.

If I keep up with this new hobby I can justify getting a nice platform and will put a Deville on it so if I have an urge can just go back to an Everlast swivel easy enough.

I'll be getting on in a year or so, or if I grow out of the current one,. Or it gives me agro.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...