• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baz
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2013

New speed bag thoughts

ended up busting a hole in my speed bag after couple years wear,

i had issues finding a good deal on a speed bag back when i ordered this Jim Bradley Pro Speed Bag,

Balazs LAZER Bags are 60$ postage for australia, im not that stingy that just feels like robbery though

the title speed bag seems to have a slick side and leather sides? which is why i avoided it the first time, im thinking this will make certain sides feel different?*if anyones got this title bag? whats your opinion*

i swear by my S swivel, using a plastic ball and havnt had any issues, couldnt stand the U bolt i tried out.

just looking for some solid recommendations on a 6x9 thats accessible via postage
    Last edited by Baz; 12-16-2016, 08:37 PM. Reason: my blind ass didnt realise what type of bag id been hitting
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Jim Bradley speedballs. Blokes in the USA like them! Made in Australia. Buy local!

Comment

• Baz
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2013

looks like i joined back in 2013, so shes lasted 3years odd,
      pretty sure it was a 6 x 9

was just talking about getting a smaller one to play with the day before

Click image for larger version

Name:	15577737_382480335420028_1393415023_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	91315

Name:	15555192_382965722038156_766852130_o.jpg
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	91316

Name:	15556397_382966502038078_199200982_o.jpg
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	91317

Name:	15628673_383435918657803_237827556_o (1).jpg
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	91319

Name:	15609357_383435951991133_1470245654_o.jpg
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	91320

My bad ventanakaz, turns out ive been beating the Jim Bradley Pro Ball - Red, seems ive already been away from her for too long
      Last edited by Baz; 12-16-2016, 07:51 PM. Reason: Added in some pictures and some actual information .

Comment

• Baz
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Jim Bradley speedballs. Blokes in the USA like them! Made in Australia. Buy local!
        Ive actually been using a Jim Bradley, ive enjoyed every minute with this bag so ill most likely pickup another one and look into treating it with some product,

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Are you an Essendon supporter? Check out the Hickey ball.

Comment

• Baz
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by ventanakaz
            Have you tried Fighting Sports brand speed bag (Change out the stock black bladder with a Title Orange replacement bladder), It will be a slower bag than the Title Black But I have pounded on it (the 6x9 black & white) and it has held up to a lot of abuse...Ralph (EDIT) OK I think I didn't read your thread correctly, Your saying your Everlast bag blew a hole out ? Can you post a picture so we can see which Everlast bag your talking about... I bought the title Black bag when they first came out (some years ago) Had to send it back because it was misshapen, But I did hit on it before I sent it back and it hit fine, None of the sides had a slippery feel to it, But I can't give out an opinion of how it will hold up, Just because I sent it back...Ralph

Sorry Ralph i throw you off ALOT with that first post, thats reassuring about the title bags sides not being slippery, im getting interested in some products to help preserving my bag this time. *cheers for the tip on the replacement bladders*

I sure get this thing moving so slower wont be an option, after looking around im beginning to think my platform is whats letting me down in achieving more speed *then again i bloody dont know* ill have to find some footage, you guys will get a great laugh out of all the reverb :P

Comment

• Baz
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2013

Are you an Essendon supporter? Check out the Hickey ball.
              Proud supporter of the Gold Coast Suns haha, i doubt it being recognized up here, any noticeable differences between this and the pro ball? might be nice for a change up

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                Proud supporter of the Gold Coast Suns haha, i doubt it being recognized up here, any noticeable differences between this and the pro ball? might be nice for a change up
                I just think it's a nice looking speedball.

I'm a Pies supporter but you will forgive me because I am a foreigner and I didn't know the hate others had for Collingwood when I first found footy and had to choose a side. Here's to a great 2017 season. How about that Jack Bowes?

Comment

• Baz
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Oct 2013

I just think it's a nice looking speedball.

I'm a Pies supporter but you will forgive me because I am a foreigner and I didn't know the hate others had for Collingwood when I first found footy and had to choose a side. Here's to a great 2017 season. How about that Jack Bowes?

The hate for the Pies is something deep, i dont actually know where it began though, That young fella is going to do some damage on the field this year cant wait!

Comment

• Baz
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Oct 2013

Anyone ever tried repairing a speed bag? just till my new one arrives

going to get the sewing kit out in the morning, little bit of love and perhaps some tape and i might get a couple more hits out of her?

Comment

• stefoz
                      • Apr 2015

I reckon you should go for a Jim Bradley again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                        Anyone ever tried repairing a speed bag? just till my new one arrives

going to get the sewing kit out in the morning, little bit of love and perhaps some tape and i might get a couple more hits out of her?
                        Yes it's been done, I've seen some stitched up. Anymore duct tape is the preferred quick and dirty repair material, especially if it's on a bag that is going to be eventually retired.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...