X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaggerBob
    • Jun 2015

Speed Bag Butt Plug

The last time I aired up my bag, the nipple valve got a slow leak.

Since I'm very happy with my Invicto 6x9 bag, I didn't want to change the bladder. Next best thing was to plug the nipple.

First thing I grabbed was a small artist paint brush, I stuck it in the nipple to see how long it should be and cut the tip off.

This bag has a short nipple that sticks past the bag bottom, so the plug I put in barely protrudes.

I haven't had to air up in weeks now, so it solved my problem.

When I do want to remove it, I can still grab it with a pair of tiny pliers.

Maybe others have found better materials to plug the butt of their bags?

Just thought this my help a few here that don't want to go through the trouble of replacing bladders.

BB

PS. sorry about the thread title

Oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
    Last edited by BaggerBob; 01-10-2016, 10:11 PM.
  • speedball708
    • Apr 2015

I use shoe goo. It's tuff and if you need to remove it you can pick at it until you can grab a piece and pull the entire bit of glue off without damaging the valve inlet. Lately I've been inflating my new bags to my desired inflation and just gluing it immediately.

Comment

• rick1
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Dec 2015

Do experts cut off the small 1/8" proturding rubbe0 part of the bladder nipple. It just took of the skin on my 2nd knuckle. I am using a Title 7x10. My 8x11 and 6x9 also has this double protruding rubber. I also notice some people might be putting a tape patch on the bottom of the bag or they just come that way from the manufacture to smooth out the bottom seams and bladder nipple.
      Like MsDee bottom view shows a patch.
      Demonstration of the Deville No.13 ball-hook swivel.For pricing information contact MsDee at:DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

I guess I will have to were some gloves or wraps until I get more accurate and my knuckle heals.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

A lot of people will take a straight razor and gingerly trim the valve protruding beyond the bottom of the bag. Care must be taken not to nick the bag and not to get into the valve itself.

Comment

• rick1
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Dec 2015

Thanks Dutchman.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...