• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bownzy81
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2015

New speed bag "please help"

Hi

I have just received a new speed bag for Xmas and I can't seem to get any good results.
    I'm still very new to boxing but I know it isn't right.
    No matter how hard the bag has been hit there isn't much bounce. The bag is property inflated but I'm not sure about the link.... Is it to long??

Any help would be much appreciated
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Hi Bownzy81. Yeah it is a bit long. Perhaps try replacing the carabiner with something else and get the bag loop as near to the eye bolt as you can. That will shorten the bag's arc and get it moving a bit quicker. A cable tie or just a bit of cord will do the trick.
    Last edited by Speedbag Seaweed Man; 12-30-2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• speedball708
      • Apr 2015

For beginners the everlast u bolt swivel is the best to start with. Starting with a ball hook swivel will make it difficult to establish a nice 3 bounce rhythm. You can get an everlast u bolt swivel for about 20$. You'll notice a big difference immediately.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2015

Does the bag have an orange colour bladder in it or a black one? Black ones can have way less bounce in them. Title orange replacement bladders make a bag come alive. They even work in a shoe.

Comment

• BaggerBob
          • Jun 2015

Start here, when back in stock

If you have little success in a couple weeks, imo, try another make of speed bag, in 6x9.

Hope this helps

BB

Comment

• stefoz
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Bownzy81 View Post
            Hi

I have just received a new speed bag for Xmas and I can't seem to get any good results.
            I'm still very new to boxing but I know it isn't right.
            No matter how hard the bag has been hit there isn't much bounce. The bag is property inflated but I'm not sure about the link.... Is it to long??

Any help would be much appreciated
            No name bags or swivels and weak platforms have been known to be time wasters.The right tools make a good maestro.
            I know the feeling how frustrating it is when you using the wrong tools .
            Unfortunately there is no way around it .you need to invest to get results .
            And i doesn't have to be money,if you have time to look around (ebay,gumtree etc) there is a lot of cheap quality stuff going around.
            I paid $130 au for 2 Jim Bradley adjustable platforms.(2 speed bags included)

my recommendation would be:reinforce your existing platform with plywood and purchase the deville 13 swivel and the 6x9 title bag (for practicing) and 5x8 title bag ( for hammering)along with pink bladder replacements .
            most of the guys in here are using them, i am pretty sure most members agree with me.(not all of them but most)
            We here to help.just by joining the forum you are half way there.
            cheers.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...