• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawa7771
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2015

Help with hitting?

Okay so I'm getting pretty good at the normal combo of every third bounce and switching hands but I can't catch on how to hit the bag super fast with only 1 bounce with both hands. I don't know what you guys call it.

Can anyone help me with some tips on this hitting technique?
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

I think you are referring to fist rolling http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/bag_rhythms#F

Comment

• dawa7771
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2015

Yup that's the one! I can't seem to get a grip on it... I can do it for maybe 3 or 4 hits and then it messes up

Comment

• dawa7771
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2015

I've been practicing slow for the past hour and I have to say it really helps! I can get it going now for a bit but I find it really hard to keep the bag in one spot on the board especially when i pick up the pace.

I have a ringside super swivel. Do you think these swivels are harder to control the bag on techniques like this? I've been looking into maybe getting the deville swivel.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dawa7771 View Post
          I've been practicing slow for the past hour and I have to say it really helps! I can get it going now for a bit but I find it really hard to keep the bag in one spot on the board especially when i pick up the pace.

I have a ringside super swivel. Do you think these swivels are harder to control the bag on techniques like this? I've been looking into maybe getting the deville swivel.
          Hi dawa7771. I made this video for you today, hopefully it helps you or any others get the front fist roll smokin.
          As for your swivel, there are plenty of reasons why you are most likely better off with a ballhook swivel. The bag strap sliding around on the U-bolt is just one of them..

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

A few more ideas I meant to cover in the first video but didn't. Here you go my friend, bag on!

Comment

• dawa7771
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2015

Wow thanks for the videos man! It really helped... Now i just have to decide on either a deville or swiveltek swivel.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2015

Yep. Do you have a copy of The Speed Bag Bible? That book has been the number one key ingredient in my speed bag journey, Alan Kahn has paved the way for us to reach speed bag mastery!

Comment

• dawa7771
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Nov 2015

Nope I haven't yet but its definitely a purchase I look to make soon!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...