How to set up double end bag to speed bag platform??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawa7771
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2015

How to set up double end bag to speed bag platform??

Hey guys, does anyone know any information on this?
  • mirokiuru
    • Jun 2015

drill one hook into floor and put your douple endbag strings trough it and your trough your swivel like attaching speedbag . Its simple if you have ballhook swivel whit S-hook, but im sure you can attach one even in chainlink swivel. Be creative its important that double end bad strings are tight and fit so it isnt too loose or too tight when being punched

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Make sure that your swivel base is through bolted and not just screwed into the platform. It will more than likely strip out during your first workout otherwise.

Comment

• dawa7771
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2015

Thanks for the info guys! My main concern was if it wouldn't be high enough, as most double end bags go from ceiling to floor. My swivel would be like the top of my head

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Very true, if you platform is not adjustable (or semi adjustable) you wouldn't have much of a top cord, which would negate the usefulness of the bag

Comment

• Shep
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2015

I haven't attempted what you are doing but if I did, I would use a non-stretching cord/rope on the top (short) section of the double end bag and a normal length bungee on the bottom. We have a few double end bags in my gym set up this way to purposely be high, so the top section is shorter. Maybe it might work?

Comment

• dawa7771
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2015

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking of doing too. If I don't like it I'll probably just drill an eye bolt in the ceiling.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...