X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gfe76
    • Dec 2011

everlast prof cotter pin u bolt swivel

I have been bagging for years. Originally used the everlast chain link. Then went with the powermill (much better and faster). But powermill eye broke from ball. Tried emailing jumpcannon, but he never responded. I got the u bolt cotter pin swivel and for the life of me I can't get it to track when I start hitting it really fast...it seems to "jump around" and lose track. I don't think it is technique since I never had a problem before. the bag is an everlast red 6x9 (4214, I think). I'm probably going to order a Deville 13.
    Thoughts?
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Hi gfe 76. From your message I read you had a chain link first, then a quality ball hook, but it shet itself. Then you replaced it with a U-bolt with a cotter pin and didn't like it? I suspect the answer to your woe is already in your post.. And a new high quality ball hook swivel is the answer. Deville #13 is a great swivel.

Comment

• gfe76
      • Dec 2011

yes, but I hate the fact that this u bolt is supposed to be a quality swivel and yet it seems so 'squirrely.' I have tried putting a plastic cable tie strap around the loop to tighten loop on u bolt, but that doesn't solve why it will all of sudden go off track. My type A personality is sometimes too stubborn. But yes, it looks like the Deville or I may just weld the eye back to the ball of the powermill. But thanks for the reply!

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

For the most part "U" bar swivels are good for front to back and side to side hitting, but transitioning from one plane to the other can be problematic, although Speedbag Scissorhands seems to have licked that problem. One of the issues with the U is that it's possible for the bag loop to slip on it, causing it to go wonky on you.

As far as contacting Jumpcannon, he's not home much anymore, the railroad keeps him out up to three weeks a month on the road last I heard (which is very common in that line of work these days, there is a serious lack of qualified crews at this time).

Comment

• gfe76
          • Dec 2011

Bag loop slipping on u bolt, then going "wonky" is exactly what is happening. and most of my bagging is front/back, pretty hard and fast so you would think it would track well for that type bagging, but it doesn't ----for me.
          Thanks for your thoughts..
          is the Deville as durable as the powermill?
          Is it as fast?
          thanks...

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

Hey gfe76, I haven't hit a powermill swivel before. They were a bit before my time, but I can testify that the Deville is durable. I have three, all outdoors and even my vert bag setup which gets no shelter has handled the harsh NZ weather. Sure there is no lube in there but when you just want hard and fast no lube is sometimes ok.
            As far as speed goes, I never strive for it. But I suggest the equipment moves as fast as the rhythm of the fists and elbows and for the most part is a result of the operator rather than the equipment. But I believe the speed challenges at The Annual Gathering are held using a Deville and these people exceed 500rpm. They're a cheap item considering their performance is seldom criticised. Maybe just buy one or two and try them out.

Comment

• gfe76
              • Dec 2011

thanks, I will get Deville if I don't weld my powermill.
              Thanks to all for all your help. Great forum.

Comment

• stefoz
                • Apr 2015

definitely deville 13!!!!!!

Comment

• gfe76
                  • Dec 2011

how much is the deville? contact info?
                  thanks

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...