Whatbladder do I need for an Everlast 4210?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garyspeed
    • Jun 2015

Whatbladder do I need for an Everlast 4210?

I have been given a leather Everlast 4210, the red one. It needs a bladder but I dont know what kind to get, what size, where etc. Can someone advise me? Thanks
    Garyk
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Hi Garyspeed. You will want a size medium replacement bladder for your bag which I believe is a 11x8. Everlast do a bladder #4232 which is meant to fit, but any size medium bladder will do. Title etc... Did you pop it?

Comment

• garyspeed
      • Jun 2015

Thanks Seaweed, no I didnt pop it what happened is my buddy in chicago sent me a couple of his old leather speedbags and the bladders are bad, they wont hold air for more than a minute. Ill clean these bags, one is better than the other, condition them, maybe even color them and put them back into service. I sold my Everlast Platform that I got for $50 and I included the bag. I kept the vintage rebound ring I got for free from the same seller if you recall that thread. Ive been gone for a while, dad had some health issues that needed my full attention. I believe he is doing better now so we are trying to get back to normal. Thanks for your reply!

Im looking on ebay now it says 11x8 is a large and 6x9 is medium. Should I get the medium bag or large one?.

Gary
      Last edited by garyspeed; 09-17-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

The 4210 depending upon how old it is can be either a 10X7 or an 11X8. If it's red with a pebble finish to the leather it would be a later model and would be considered an 11X8. Either one uses the same bladder.

Comment

• garyspeed
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          The 4210 depending upon how old it is can be either a 10X7 or an 11X8. If it's red with a pebble finish to the leather it would be a later model and would be considered an 11X8. Either one uses the same bladder.
          and the bladder would be the medium?

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

If you are ordering an Everlast bladder, then this is the model # you need to get 4232 - Fits Speedbag Model 4201, 4202, 4210, 4213, 4214, 4226 (10, 11" bags), and Model 4208 (13, 14" bags).

If it's a Title bladder then their large one is the one that they recommend

Comment

• garyspeed
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              If you are ordering an Everlast bladder, then this is the model # you need to get 4232 - Fits Speedbag Model 4201, 4202, 4210, 4213, 4214, 4226 (10, 11" bags), and Model 4208 (13, 14" bags).

If it's a Title bladder then their large one is the one that they recommend
              Thanks Dutch, where is the best place to get the 4232 bladder? Are they rubber or plastic?

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

I've found that it's best to contact customer service at Everlast about that. A lot of the retailers have quit carrying bladders as they don't make any money selling them. They would be able to direct you to a retailer that either stocks them or will order them. There are retailers on eBay that sell them, you may have to wait a bit for them to list the stock # that you want (or just contact them about availability). Currently Everlast bladders are rubber, although past production was plastic, which if you encounter try to avoid. They had a nasty habit of blowing out at the seams.
                Right now I've been buying my bladders from Title. They are well made of latex rubber and quite responsive. They don't have the snap in valve like the Everlast ones have, but it's not that difficult installing one the old fashioned way with rubber cement.Title includes installations instructions with their bladders.
                Last edited by Dutchman; 09-30-2015, 10:36 PM. Reason: Addtional information

Comment

• speedball708
                  • Apr 2015

You should just upgrade to a new bag. You'll be happier. .

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...