Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves

I have arthritis in my thumbs and just recently bought the Rival D 30 bag glove which are 12 oz gloves somewhat heavy but I need the protection. Does anyone know of a padded glove made like a climbing repelling glove but with padding? I have looked online but don't seem to be able to find this type of glove, and I have even been to several boxing shops with no success. Glove price is not an issue. Thanks. Willis

Hand wraps are usually recommended in such situations, but they do take a little bit of time to put on. Personally I use Harbinger gloves with the padded knuckles and the covered thumb.

Comment

Thanks, I will look into the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Willis View Post
        I have arthritis in my thumbs and just recently bought the Rival D 30 bag glove which are 12 oz gloves somewhat heavy but I need the protection. Does anyone know of a padded glove made like a climbing repelling glove but with padding? I have looked online but don't seem to be able to find this type of glove, and I have even been to several boxing shops with no success. Glove price is not an issue. Thanks. Willis
        I use Leone Mexican style bag mitts for my heavy bag work. Leone is an Italian company that will now take orders via the internet and ship internationally. They are a bit pricey, but are very well made, and the fit like, well a glove. Might be worth a look. Never tried for speed bag work though.

http://www.leone1947.com/en/store/me...ves-gs503.html
        "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Have you looked at any MMA gloves? Many of them have little or no protection for the thumb, but some do include a bit of thumb padding.

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-m...ng-gloves.html

Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the help I will try again on the MMA gloves. I found several but ran small and some out of stock until September.

Comment

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
              I use Leone Mexican style bag mitts for my heavy bag work. Leone is an Italian company that will now take orders via the internet and ship internationally. They are a bit pricey, but are very well made, and the fit like, well a glove. Might be worth a look. Never tried for speed bag work though.

http://www.leone1947.com/en/store/me...ves-gs503.html
              Thanks for the help. Willis

Comment

Originally posted by Willis View Post
                Thanks for the help. Willis
                You're welcome. They really don't have a padded thumb,if that is what you are looking for. Other full size gloves, of the MMA gloves previously mentioned, not sure you will find such.

Good luck.
                "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...
                X