• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Willis
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2015

Gloves

I have arthritis in my thumbs and just recently bought the Rival D 30 bag glove which are 12 oz gloves somewhat heavy but I need the protection. Does anyone know of a padded glove made like a climbing repelling glove but with padding? I have looked online but don't seem to be able to find this type of glove, and I have even been to several boxing shops with no success. Glove price is not an issue. Thanks. Willis
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Hand wraps are usually recommended in such situations, but they do take a little bit of time to put on. Personally I use Harbinger gloves with the padded knuckles and the covered thumb.

Comment

• Willis
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2015

Thanks, I will look into the gloves.

Comment

• Bag Man
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Willis View Post
        I have arthritis in my thumbs and just recently bought the Rival D 30 bag glove which are 12 oz gloves somewhat heavy but I need the protection. Does anyone know of a padded glove made like a climbing repelling glove but with padding? I have looked online but don't seem to be able to find this type of glove, and I have even been to several boxing shops with no success. Glove price is not an issue. Thanks. Willis
        I use Leone Mexican style bag mitts for my heavy bag work. Leone is an Italian company that will now take orders via the internet and ship internationally. They are a bit pricey, but are very well made, and the fit like, well a glove. Might be worth a look. Never tried for speed bag work though.

Enter the Leone 1947 online shop to discover clothing and equipment for Boxing, Muay Thai, Kick Boxing, MMA and other sports for professionals, enthusiasts and for leisure activities
        "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
          • Jun 2015

Have you looked at any MMA gloves? Many of them have little or no protection for the thumb, but some do include a bit of thumb padding.

Good luck

Comment

• Willis
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jun 2015

Thanks for the help I will try again on the MMA gloves. I found several but ran small and some out of stock until September.

Comment

• Willis
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
              I use Leone Mexican style bag mitts for my heavy bag work. Leone is an Italian company that will now take orders via the internet and ship internationally. They are a bit pricey, but are very well made, and the fit like, well a glove. Might be worth a look. Never tried for speed bag work though.

http://www.leone1947.com/en/store/me...ves-gs503.html
              Thanks for the help. Willis

Comment

• Bag Man
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Willis View Post
                Thanks for the help. Willis
                You're welcome. They really don't have a padded thumb,if that is what you are looking for. Other full size gloves, of the MMA gloves previously mentioned, not sure you will find such.

Good luck.
                "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...