X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mirokiuru
    • Jun 2015

Miro's homemade speed bag platform /project

After i looked speed bag platform prices and quality in Finland, i decided to make my own. i already had some wood my own so i only have to buy metal what im going to weld into triangle looking support frame. I actualy searched for ideas of homemade platform, and got into this forum, no regret, you guys have made awesome platforms your own and someones even instructions So i started whit designin my board whit 3D program. ( i really hope these images work )

after thinking about shapes i decided to go circle shaped platform.

like i said i had some playwood?(i guess) and someother wood that i dont know in english, but it was thick and had nice granit like look on surface. Here i drawed cutting line whit marker (i used 60cm wide table to draw it )

Here i have cutted it circle whit electric using saw. I repeated proces whit playwood.

Now i attached boards together using erikepeer glue beetween boards and screwed together, making sure i dont brake rebound surface. i also painted side of the platform whit erikeeper/ black paint mixture to make sure its moisture proof beetween boards.

after painting i let it dry over night. I painted the top wood (not the granit surface one) whit the black spray paint. its impregnated wood (yes i googled it finally ) so it doesent need my erikeeper/paint mix.

after paint

the drum itself is 6cm thick and 60cm wide (about,24inch for my American brothers )
    heres pic of the thicknes of the platform

im going to buy metals soon and make it triangle shape like i showed in my 3D model. i post more pics when i get something done
    Last edited by mirokiuru; 06-15-2015, 12:07 PM.
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Looks good Miro. Are you going to put it up indoors or outside?

Comment

• mirokiuru
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
      Looks good Miro. Are you going to put it up indoors or outside?
      The setup will be this summer/autum outside, at our garage area where its safe from rain in winter, when here is snow and too cold for bagging outside i move it inside to our storage place
      Last edited by mirokiuru; 06-15-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• mirokiuru
        • Jun 2015

I made today wooden frame for metal so i can saw metal to right size easier
        I cut metals and weld them tomorrow so it mean that i can finally get baggin <3

I also got my rival heavy duty u-swivel,and rivals speedbag. i measured the center point of board, i marked holes for drilling.

whit my luck the painter of my swivel was blind and they was some parts unpainted and the paint left quite easily off.... i called for reclame and got ball beared jumping rope function of the swivel was good so the paint jobb didint bother me too much

here i started to drill holes

the most funny thing here is that i went today to local bookstore and asked for alans speed bag bible...."yeah sure, we get that for you in week, you can come get it here" so getting speed bag bible is easier in Finland than getting speed bags themself...
        I post more pics tomorrow when the final setup is ready
        Last edited by mirokiuru; 06-17-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2015

You got The Speed Bag Bible on the way? That's excellent news bro. I bet you are amping to get that bag up and running.

Comment

• mirokiuru
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
            You got The Speed Bag Bible on the way? That's excellent news bro.
            Yes i ordered it! i cant wait to get reading it and learning from the best im trying to get that bag ready to roll but i have some small technical issues that keep slowing me tl get it ready plus we are celebrating day of midsummer tomorrow, every store where i would need to buy some bolts etc is closed

Comment

• mirokiuru
              • Jun 2015

Finally!

Ladies and Gentlemans. New era has become. I have finally finished my homemade platform, and i have to say it turned out pretty sexy

Here is how under of the drum looks like

i see a platform and i want to paint it black, no colors anymore i want them to turn black I had opportunity to use spray gun so i painted it all black.

Heres some more pics

Kosti (the dog) was in lead of work security so no missing fingers i also noticed unpainted spot so i fixed it afterwards

Last edited by mirokiuru; 06-22-2015, 03:18 PM. Reason: Internet connected out so i had to do this all over again :mad:

Comment

• BaggerBob
                • Jun 2015

Way to go! Let the games begin!

Comment

• mirokiuru
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by BaggerBob View Post
                  Way to go! Let the games begin!
                  Got my first "what that noice is...and where it comes " reactions from my neighbours after hitting basic 3 rebound and then hit like 5minutes in row <3 i wanted to get good feel whit it so i started slow and fastened a bit when i got the idea

Comment

• Del-Striking
                    • Aug 2014

Good craftsmanship, nice looking setup. Hitting on a home made platform is very rewarding.

Comment

• mirokiuru
                      • Jun 2015

Thanks Del-striking! i like how this setup ended too, i also saved money by doing this at home

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...