• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EveryDayAverageNormalGuy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2015

Leather conditioner

I was looking for some mink oil for my flip-flops and came across a couple reviews that might be helpful.

After ~3.5 hours of hitting the bag I started getting a few raw spots on my hand...I wore bag gloves, & then I put on some cowhide gloves. The cowhide gloves were dry after being through the washing machine (used them to mine in the rain for a day) so I put some bees wax (I use this for my ski gloves).

The excess bees wax from the gloves didn't absorb into the bags very well, I've read a thread or two about speed bag care here, and I thought I'd pass this along.

"Addendum: Some reviewers have noted that Leather Honey didn't soak in to whatever they were treating, leaving it sticky. Certain leathers, mainly car upholstery and couches, are surface treated with a urethane topcoat. It doesn't make it feel like plastic, so you can't easily tell by rubbing it. Try putting a drop of water in an unobtrusive spot. If the water doesn't soak in and "wet" the leather within a minute, don't use Leather Honey! Bick 4 will work, though you will be wiping most of it away. What I use is 303 Aerospace Protectant for leathers that are coated to the point that they don't absorb water. Note, however, that 303 makes the leather more slick. Not badly so, but try it first. (303 is great stuff anyway for anything plastic or rubber or teak, but that's another review ...)"

I didn't order the leather honey that's in this review, I ordered a different mink oil.
  • Niki Knuckles
    • Apr 2012

saddle products such as Lexol.
    Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...