• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roane
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2015

connect speed bag to a round pole?

Hey,
    Wondering if any of you guys have a recommendation for a speed bag platform that i could attach to a single sturdy round metal pole holding a deck up. Anybody see this done?
  • tl12356
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2015

Round pole connection

You could get some pipe flange brackets from a plumbing supply distribution store.
    Something like this....Just clamp with long heavy duty bolts, washers.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2015

Yeah, like U-Bolts, they are used in trailer construction quite a bit and are pretty grunty, but is your post? If there is just one post then it will need to be sturdy. If there are two posts there you could U-bolt rails between them and affix your platform to them? Where there is a will there is a way.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2015

Welcome to the forum Roane!

Comment

• rehamco1
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2013

Welcome to the Speed Bag Forum enjoy your journey

Comment

• Roane
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2015

Thanks,
            That looks good. I'll maybe post a platform idea when I nail one down. The poll is very sturdy, so should be good if I can find a solid way to attach a platform. I'm looking forward to getting my speed bags back up after almost decades mothballed. Tired of dealing with gyms though.

Comment

• PunchDrunk
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Roane View Post
              Thanks,
              That looks good. I'll maybe post a platform idea when I nail one down. The poll is very sturdy, so should be good if I can find a solid way to attach a platform. I'm looking forward to getting my speed bags back up after almost decades mothballed. Tired of dealing with gyms though.
              Hi Roane,

Welcome to the forum. Here is a pictures of a pole setup i have in my garage gym. it's a two pipe platform intended to be adjustable. Right now it's setup with one U-bolt and at max height 6'3" to the drum and has two kick back support brackets from the front top of the drum to the wall so it's fixed at this height For my friend Edward that is 5" taller than I. Hope this helps you with some ideas.

Mario I Albero
              Attached Files

Comment

• Roane
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2015

Just dawned on me I could drop the speed bag directly down from the steel beams holding the deck up. I'm going to measure when I get off work, but they should be about 12 inches apart.

I thought about this I-beam setup (https://promountings.com/speed-bags.html) but I'd need something that would drop down a lot farther. Like 1.5 feet or 2 feet maybe, so will need to build something.

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Neat setup, but a might pricey IMHO

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...