• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eoneel
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2007

Custom Purple Heart Platform.

I made a speed bag platform out of some purple heart wood this fall. It is some dense stuff. The platform is small but thick, and sturdy as hell!
    Attached Files
  • KaiserSosa
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2014

That wood is gorgeous...well done !

I am guessing the padding on top and along the side is to mute the sound of the drum a bit rather than for the purpose of reducing vibrations ?

As you mentioned,..it looks solid as a tank.

Comment

• Del-Striking
      • Aug 2014

It looks like it's boxed in and framed, how thick is the actual drum that the bag would strike? Looks sharp!

Comment

• Allentown
        • Oct 2010

I like the swivel. Where did you get it?

Comment

• eoneel
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2007

Thanks folks. The insulation is just to dampen the sound a bit. I stuffed the frame full of the ultratouch to. I sandwiched 3 3/4" boards together. Glued em up. Then just wrapped some some more wood around it to make the platform bigger. It won't handle a huge bag but medium bags and small bags are great. Put some bri-wax on it with a Jim Bradley swivel and there it is! I want to make a larger one next time.

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
            • Jan 2011

Wow expensive platform
            Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...