X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedy G
    • Oct 2014

Old round metal drums

are these old style drums any good for using these days or just something to "admire?" Seems you'd have to use a particular sized bag. thz - mike
    Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Ah yes, the rebound ring. Yes they are intended for use with large bags, like the 10x12 blue one that Title sells. Actually that one is on the small size for use on these. The bags have to hit the ring in the middle of the belly of the bag to work properly. You can always tell a bag that has been used on one of these because it has a well defined wear mark on the belly.

Comment

• Eric
      • May 2014

first bag

That looks like my first set up I got at Sears in 69 or 70. Steel ring with a cheap Everlast bag. It did ignite the fire that is speed bagging. I wore out several cheap bags but it was great.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

That looks like either the Voit or Roberts set, with the vinyl bag. That would have been in the late 1960's, early 1970's

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...