X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Del-Striking
    • Aug 2014

Old Everlast

Does Everlast still make this bag, I've had this sitting in a drawer for about 20 years, I had to put a new bladder in it but man is this in good shape. The welts aren't even pounded down fully. A little on the heavy side but provides a good workout.
    Attached Files
  • florian 380
    • Nov 2012

yes they do but the red seems are plastic now and not made in usa
    i got a old 4200 and 4204 and i love it
    btw nice bag u got there its in perfect shape

Comment

• Del-Striking
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      ...They don't make that bag anymore. I used to hit on that bag all the time, A long time ago. I would always get mine at (Big 5 Sporting goods Stores) Whenever I would wear one out, I would always go back and get another. You got a nice bag there, keep using leather conditioner on it...ralph...BTW It probably had the red plastic bladder in it, Those would either give out at the seam or over time the valve nipple would disintegrate
      Yep, it was plastic and completely dried out and disintegrated. I put an orange title bladder in it and it's as good as new. The only problem I'm having with replacing bladders is keeping the nipple in its proper place once I turn it back right side in. I've tried rubber cement but it just doesn't seem to be holding good enough to keep the bladder from moving around a little bit

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Are you using the cement wet, or applying it to both the bladder and the bottom of the bag when it's tacky then installing it? The latter method, while will give you a little more grief when it comes time to replace the bladder later, is the preferred method.

Comment

• drag-on389
          • May 2014

Yap, I pretty much do what the Dutchman says on all my bags and never have a problem, it's not that hard to do, you just have to have patients. I put plenty of rubber cement on the bag and the bladder, then let it tack up, then hold it together for enough time to where the bladder holds to the bag. This may take anywhere from 5 minutes to fifteen. Very easy. I just recently had to do that to my large Cleto Reyes the other day because their bladders don't hold air that good and it got to the point that I had to add air to the cleto every day, so I changed it out for a title orange replacement bladder, they hold air the best outta the latex bladders...ralph
          Yeah We Speedbaggers have a lot of patients. First we open them up, perform the transplant and then we stitch them up brand new second hand.

Comment

• Del-Striking
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
            yes they do but the red seems are plastic now and not made in usa
            i got a old 4200 and 4204 and i love it
            btw nice bag u got there its in perfect shape
            "danke sehr"

Comment

• Del-Striking
              • Aug 2014

Yap, I pretty much do what the Dutchman says on all my bags and never have a problem, it's not that hard to do, you just have to have patients. I put plenty of rubber cement on the bag and the bladder, then let it tack up, then hold it together for enough time to where the bladder holds to the bag. This may take anywhere from 5 minutes to fifteen. Very easy. I just recently had to do that to my large Cleto Reyes the other day because their bladders don't hold air that good and it got to the point that I had to add air to the cleto every day, so I changed it out for a title orange replacement bladder, they hold air the best outta the latex bladders...ralph
              I guess it's that whole tacking up process that I'm not sure of. I think it was wet the first time I tried and it just didn't stick together. So when you say tacky, is this something I can apply and come back an hour later and attach the 2 pieces or is there a window of time when it goes from tacky to cured loosing all its adhesive properties? Sorry if I'm a pain but you guys know how long and painstaking it is to stuff that bag right side in. just want to get it right next time.

Comment

• florian 380
                • Nov 2012

thats the new version 4201 i meant with the plastic seams
                Attached Files

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Del-Striking View Post
                  I guess it's that whole tacking up process that I'm not sure of. I think it was wet the first time I tried and it just didn't stick together. So when you say tacky, is this something I can apply and come back an hour later and attach the 2 pieces or is there a window of time when it goes from tacky to cured loosing all its adhesive properties? Sorry if I'm a pain but you guys know how long and painstaking it is to stuff that bag right side in. just want to get it right next time.
                  As Ralph says, you apply the cement to each piece, and you wait until it becomes tacky to the touch, which can take anywhere from five to fifteen minutes depending upon temperature and humidity where you are. Once it reaches that point you put the two mating points together and hold them for a few minutes.

Comment

• Del-Striking
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    As Ralph says, you apply the cement to each piece, and you wait until it becomes tacky to the touch, which can take anywhere from five to fifteen minutes depending upon temperature and humidity where you are. Once it reaches that point you put the two mating points together and hold them for a few minutes.
                    Got it. Thanks

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...