X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Del-Striking
    • Aug 2014

Swivel dislocation

I've been using a Deville swivel for about 7 months. It appears to be getting worn in with some grooves developing on all 4 quadrants. I was working on some downward elbow strikes followed by outward elbow strikes, I tend to hit the bag a little high on the outward elbow followed by the fist and the whole ball of the swivel came out of the swivel base. I pushed it back in and continued with no further incidents but is it time to buy a new swivel? Has this happened to anyone before?
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Del-Striking View Post
    I've been using a Deville swivel for about 7 months. It appears to be getting worn in with some grooves developing on all 4 quadrants. I was working on some downward elbow strikes followed by outward elbow strikes, I tend to hit the bag a little high on the outward elbow followed by the fist and the whole ball of the swivel came out of the swivel base. I pushed it back in and continued with no further incidents but is it time to buy a new swivel? Has this happened to anyone before?
    Welcome to the forum, Del-Striking. Another speed bagger had this happen to his Deville swivel a while back. I have since adjusted the design of the swivel base very slightly to eliminate the chance of the brass ball falling out. Shoot me an email and I can arrange to send you a replacement swivel.

Contact me (Dee) at: devilleswivels@gmail.com
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
      • Apr 2012

I noticed my Deville swivel was problematic as well. I found my Deville swivel had a imperfection in the ball. This caused a wear grove in the polyamide. Replaced it with a chain link that I had, but never used before. I do miss the quick bag changes.
      Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• Del-Striking
        • Aug 2014

Thanks Dee, much appreciated.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Niki Knuckles View Post
          I noticed my Deville swivel was problematic as well. I found my Deville swivel had a imperfection in the ball. This caused a wear grove in the polyamide. Replaced it with a chain link that I had, but never used before. I do miss the quick bag changes.
          Hey Niki. I'm sending you an email your way…
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
            • Apr 2012

Ms. D,

Very nice to receive your email.

Thank you.
            Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• Del-Striking
              • Aug 2014

Received my new Deville swivel several days ago and all I can say is Whoa! Whatever alterations you guys made were spot on. I had to slow my punching down a bit. This thing flys and I like the slightly louder clicking the eye hook makes. Love this swivel Thanks Ms. Dee

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Del-Striking View Post
                Received my new Deville swivel several days ago and all I can say is Whoa! Whatever alterations you guys made were spot on. I had to slow my punching down a bit. This thing flys and I like the slightly louder clicking the eye hook makes. Love this swivel Thanks Ms. Dee
                Thanks so much for the positive feedback, Del-Striking! Will you be posting your punch drumming video on the forum soon?

Comment

• Del-Striking
                  • Aug 2014

Just put it up. Not as difficult as I thought. Just have to use landscape next time when shooting.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...