X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Del-Striking
    • Aug 2014

Old Swivel/light bag

Is it possible for an old everlast ball hook swivel to be to heavy for a very light speedbag, which happens also to be an everlast approx 6x9. It seems to not fully hang and jump around when I'm hitting it. This is my secondary setup out in the garage. My primary in the basement uses a Deville ball hook which works perfectly with any bag I put on it. Thanks.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

There is a lot of slop in the Everlast ball hook, and you can use it with a small lighter bag. What make of bag are you using? When you go to the next smaller bag it's not unusual for the behavior that you describe to occur, especially if the bag is made of a lighter material than the one you were used to as well. First and foremost, you have to remember that you will not be able to just start hitting it as fast as were the other on right off the line. Slow down, essentially you are going to have to learn how to hit this one from the beginning. Letting a little air out of the bag can also help. Once you get the rhythm back you can start increasing you speed again.

Comment

• Del-Striking
      • Aug 2014

The package says Everlast model 4241, It sort of has that elongated shape and the material used is a lot thinner and lighter than the fighting sports 5x8 that I love hitting. I hear what you're saying Dutch, I guess each bag requires alterations in the way we hit it regardless of the swivel being used. Some seem to be a lot more forgiving and others can be just plain frustrating.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

One of the things that you will find, and the veterans on here will verify, is that every bag handles differently, even when they are the same model. Slight variations in the leather, the bladder, and even who put them together all can have an effect on how it behaves.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...