• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justo(c)
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2013

Need a new speedbag mount

So, I have been bagging for a few months now (almost a year, actually), but I fear I may have reached the limits of this crappy free-standing mount of mine, and am now ready to buy a new mount. I would like some recommendations for a mount in the ballpark of $100 (a little more, if it is worth it), as sturdy as they come.

The free-mount is fine at first, but there comes a point when it is too unstable to enjoy anymore tbh, for me anyway.

Anyway, recommendations welcome.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Least expensive most solid is to mount a wooden drum to the floor joists in your basement, if you have a basement. It won't be adjustable but you've got a lot of weight and rigidity from above to virtually exterminate vibration. Almost any board will do for the drum. Here is an example from bagmaster Ebozyn,

Where are you located ? I search Craigslist every day and can keep an eye out for a wall mounted platform if that's what you prefer, there are some real bargains out there. If you're looking for something brand new I'll let others steer you in that direction, I'm not sure what's currently the best unit at that price.

Comment

• justo(c)
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      Least expensive most solid is to mount a wooden drum to the floor joists in your basement, if you have a basement. It won't be adjustable but you've got a lot of weight and rigidity from above to virtually exterminate vibration. Almost any board will do for the drum. Here is an example from bagmaster Ebozyn,

Where are you located ? I search Craigslist every day and can keep an eye out for a wall mounted platform if that's what you prefer, there are some real bargains out there. If you're looking for something brand new I'll let others steer you in that direction, I'm not sure what's currently the best unit at that price.
      I live in Missouri City, Texas (Southwest Houston). Unfortunately, we do not have basements around here. I will have to mount it in my garage. It's too bad, because the stability in the video is exactly what I am looking for. I was thinking about building one, but I decided to just go ahead and buy one.

I will monitor craigslist as well, tell me if you uncover anything good.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...