X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dumbcluck
    • Jun 2013

Still pretty new

Yes V, I understand its a toughie. I've only been at this for a month or so, so I am not unlearning anything. I am currently hitting the small Leone bag as recommended. I love it. I figure now might be a good time to check out a tiny one and see how it feels.
    I haven't hit a bag bigger than 6 x 9 at this point and also thought using a bigger bag would slow me down to learn some new moves. At this point at least 95% of strikes are coming from the front.
    Just wanted to see if I'm on the right track or completely out of my mind. The latter is usually the case.
    I also will be starting an addition on my house soon and all my funds will be tied up from that for quite some time and I may not be able to justify any more equipment for a few years!

Thanks Zaza that looks to be about the same size as my pro boxing bag. Is anything bigger than that too big in your opinion? I'm not a large guy. 5'7" 165 or so...
    Jimbo

Comment

• Dumbcluck
      • Jun 2013

right on

thanks ralph. you may have misunderstood what i was trying to say. i was thinking that slowing down (the bag) would help me to learn new moves. not slow down the learning.
      i do like a good rebound though. how about the larger leone bag? too fast? the smaller leone bag is a lot of fun for me.
      i do need to cool my heels a bit so i can achieve more technique and come back to speed later. its just like picking up a guitar, you instantly want to rock out and quickly realize it doesnt work that way. you have to learn chords and scales and stuff and it takes a lot of time and constant practice.
      at this point, i am dedicated to learning the "art of the bag" thanks for the tips. much appreciated.
      Jimbo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...