X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dumbcluck
    • Jun 2013

Ok

Gotcha. I will work with what I have until I feel the NEED for a change up and explore my options at that point. I sent a message to jumpcannon In Hopes of trying out an evil swivel. From what I hear the metal ball hooks are the way to go. As far as bags go I am not unhappy with my current bag from pro boxing in Los Angeles. The guys there were real cool and they make their own stuff so they have no problem repairing if any issues should arise. They also offered me a 10% discount as a first timer.
    Last edited by Dumbcluck; 07-02-2013, 10:53 AM. Reason: iPhone changing words on me
    Jimbo

Comment

• Dumbcluck
      • Jun 2013

Ok

Ill get a close up shot of the bag for you when I get home from work today.
      Are ms. Devilles swivels equal in quality with metal?
      I've always been under the impression that plastic is sub par. The noise issue you bring up could be a factor. I'm set up in my garage but not too far from the neighbors bedroom window. I try not to hit before or after 8.
      Do you know how much dees swivels run?
      Last edited by Dumbcluck; 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM. Reason: iPhone changing words on me
      Jimbo

Comment

• Dumbcluck
        • Jun 2013

Pro bag

Here is a close up shot of the bag for you.
        Attached Files
        Jimbo

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dumbcluck View Post
          Ill get a close up shot of the bag for you when I get home from work today.
          Are ms. Devilles swivels equal in quality with metal?
          I've always been under the impression that plastic is sub par. The noise issue you bring up could be a factor. I'm set up in my garage but not too far from the neighbors bedroom window. I try not to hit before or after 8.
          Do you know how much dees swivels run?
          Hi DC. Welcome to the forum. The swivels that Raul and I build are made from an HDPE — a high-density polyethylene — composite. It's pretty durable stuff. One of the reasons that Raul designed this swivel was to try to find a solution to all the noise that most swivels make.

And, since we're talking about the Deville, I'd like to mention that as of today, the No.13 ball-hook swivel is available in Black! They look very cool imo . Here's a picture of one, with the Twisted S-hook, which is now standard on all our swivels. I can be contacted through a PM on the forum or you can email me at DevilleSwivels@gmail.com.

Thanks for posting a close-up of your bag. I don't think I've ever seen that brand. It looks like good leather.
          Attached Files
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Dumbcluck
            • Jun 2013

Cool

Thanks for the info ms. Deville. Perhaps I can be among the first to own one in black!
            Ill send you a private message about that.
            Yes the leather on this bag is very soft. It's a great bag so far. They even offered free repairs on it if necessary. It's from pro boxing here on Los Angeles. I think it was only $30 or $35. I forget which as I bought a few other things as well. Great people though just like everyone on here. Thanks for the welcome.
            Jimbo

Comment

• Marlon
              • Apr 2013

Hey marlon, it occured to me, what are we gonna do when it comes time to adjust the height? This works great for me now but there may be some sand bags in the future for the kids.
              Just cut another piece of wood for the new height. I only have two bags, (a 10x7 Balazs Lazer & a 9x6 Ringside Heritage) so I've been using the same peice for both, but if & when I get a tiny bag I will just cut a longer peice of 2x4.

With multiple kids using the bag, you'll probably have a few peices of wood to keep around, but if you write the kid & bag on each peice it should be easy to tell em apart. Then again it might just be easier to keep some sand bags nearby too. I refuse to share, so I haven't had to move my board.

I wedged the peice of wood between the ceiling beam & the top of the board & only pressure is holding it in place, so it's really easy to swap em out.

Re: Different bags - The lazer is heavy & hitting it for 3 minutes makes me feel sore, like I was lifting. The heritage is soft & light. I don't even wear wraps with it. When I work out I use the lazer & when I'm making a pathetic attempt at reverse fist rolls I use the heritage. its a little warped though - the lazer is flawless. Just feels like a brick though.

Comment

• doss darwin
                • Dec 2012

kids

Thanks for the feedback Zaza and good luck with your new movie. Looks like a good one.
                Unfortunately my kids are only 6 and 4. They stand on a flat stepping stool now and can't reach without lowering the whole platform. Or daddy gets a second workout hdi g them up to hit until they get bored. About 1 minute each. Just trying to do what I can to keep their interest peaked. I have a heavy bag on the way that they might like better. It will hang low enough for them to " box" like daddy. Lol
                Of course they barely even get rebounds so I guess it's not really an issue just yet. Thinking about the future and for when my buddy's come by etc.
                over the holiday i will post some pictures of the stand i made for my grandkids 3, 5& 7--cheers dd
                the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• Cem326
                  • Mar 2013

I would start by replacing the hand knobs with lock nuts. This helped out my platform. This link shows everything I did to my I box.

Comment

• paranday
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2009

Agreed. One of the hand knobs on mine shattered. I used grade 8 nuts, one of the bolt's threads were boogered up a bit, the hardened nut cleaned that up.

Comment

• Dumbcluck
                      • Jun 2013

Thanks

Thanks for the advice everybody.
                      Cem that is absolutely bad ass. Just beautiful.
                      Jimbo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...