• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weider1717
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2013

not impressed with my xmark 2811

ok with everything tightened down when i push up on the platform it moves upwards a good bit this causes a lot of vibration. I ordered this HD platform to avoid the el cheapo platform vibration is there something I'm missing here?? It's almost like the carriage bolts are too small for the channels and they rock then you push up. The amount of vibration is way above what would be normal for this grade of platform it was over 50lbs packaged supposed to be a really nice setup.
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

I'm not an expert by any means but from my time here on the forum it seems that most people will still put extra weight on top of their store bought platforms. Some here have made some pretty impressive home made units without doing that but their platforms were a lot thicker than most store bought ones. You may want to try putting something solid on top. I put some carpet scraps on top of mine and then put about 60 lbs of dumbells on top of that. No vibration now.

fedora

Comment

• weider1717
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2013

I made a video showing how the platforum lifts up but it won't attach maybe because it's a quick time video. I think I have an idea what may be wrong though. I plan when I get home to lossen the mounting bracket lag bolts THEN tighten the red knob adjusting screws/knobs then retighten the mounting bolts I think that may be the issue.

Comment

• ghodge
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2013

I have one of these platforms. What I did was loose the lag bolts that came with it. I went to Home depot and got some 3/8 (I think) lag bolts (don't remember the length - but that is easy to figure out) and lock washers and a regular nut. I used the rubber and steel washers that came with it. I went home and replaced the hardware and tightened everything down with a ratchet instead of the hand tightened nut. Problem solved for a couple bucks.

Comment

• weider1717
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2013

well i identified the problem the carriage bolts were too long for the adjusting knobs. The knobs were bottoming out. I added washers and this fixed the problem and it's very sturdy now.

question is how in the heck does a big company like this put something out there like this? seriously!

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by weider1717 View Post
            question is how in the heck does a big company like this put something out there like this? seriously!
            You gotta wonder...

Comment

• ghodge
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2013

I had the same feelings, but in the end I looked at it this way: It was about half the price of other products with the same basic materials. The solid wood platform was a huge draw. It was a little frustrating, but with a couple dollars investment and about an hour of my time I fixed it all. I bought the Balaz 30 in solid wood platform for my work gym - $800. Great platform. This was $250 for my home - Plus $2 for new lag bolts.

Comment

• weider1717
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jun 2013

Yeah I actually think this platform is a notch up from the balaz i box i could be wrong but looks to be anyway.

Comment

• SpeedoBaggins
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jun 2013

How were the bolts being too long causing it to move?

Comment

• ghodge
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Mar 2013

Because the hand tightening nut has a fixed depth so you can reach the limit of how much you can tighten the apparatus before it is actually solidly locked in. The adjustment slide has some play in it and will move around a little if it is not completely tight. I also have a Balazs 30 inch wood platform at my Corporate gym and haven't had the problem with it. I would complain more if there weren't a $500 difference in price and the solution for me with X-Mark didn't cost $2. If you look at the pictures I posted on your new member thread you can see what I did. Very easy to fix and it works great. Don't get me wrong about the Balazs platform, worth every penny for my corporate gym.

Comment

• SpeedoBaggins
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jun 2013

Ah yes, I did see them. Much appreciated sir.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...