• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MARTHA1
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2013

Sugar ray leonard & myself :)

hello all!

I have not been on here for a while but I thought some of you may want to see this pic, I met one of boxing's greats recently & I might add one of my all-time sporting heroes, the great sugar ray leonard, a dream come true to meet him & I have to say he's a lovely chap too! as we say in the uk
    Attached Files
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

He's a treasure. Did you get a speed bag autographed?

Comment

• MARTHA1
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2013

Hi..

I certainly did, an old & never used everlast 4214 brown leather bag (the one with the 1984 Olympic insignia) i'll be putting a pic of it up shortly

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great that you got to meet one of boxing's legends, and that he signed two bags! Congrats.

Comment

• MARTHA1
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2013

Thank you, I appreciate the comment & yes it was great, he's a real gent

Comment

• MARTHA1
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2013

my everlast 4214 autographed by SUGAR RAY LEONARD

Here is the bag as promised, any thoughts from you chaps would be appreciated & I hope you like the bag
            Attached Files

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Wow. Speechless, that's beautiful.

Comment

• Marlon
                • Apr 2013

Congrats on getting to meet a legend. One of my cousins was in advertising back in the 80's & worked with him. (I still have the photo he autographed for my Grandma) I had always heard he was a true gentleman, so it's really nice to hear that 30 years later, nothing has changed. So many 'celebs' are less than nice, so it's great to know that someone you like is truly likeable.

That autograph on your speed bag is beautiful & worthy of a display case. (Gold on brown looks great) You can tell just by looking at it that he really took his time & made an effort to give you a great souvenier.

Nice work to both you and Sugar Ray.

Comment

• MARTHA1
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Mar 2013

Hi there..

Thank you for the comment & yes I could not agree with you more he really is a gent & very down to earth, he is, like you say one of those rare breed of sportspersons/celebs that actually does take a genuine interest in what a person has to say when speaking to him & you cannot buy a personality like that today, I can only say it was one of those memorable experiences I had the pleasure of being present at & one I shall remember forevever, nothing but admiration for the man

Comment

• doss darwin
                    • Dec 2012

follow up

thanks for the update and what a great privilege to have met one of the true greats of our time--cheers dd
                    the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• MARTHA1
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Mar 2013

Hi there..

No problem at all & totally agree with you, an all-time great & a true gent, thanks for the comment, much appreciated

Comment

• Marlon
                        • Apr 2013

Sorry for the low quality - I just took a pic of the pic on my wall. This was given to my Grandma (Ruth) back in the day.

The signature & smiley face is identical to those on your bag, so now I know it REALLY was signed by Sugar Ray & not by a lyin cousin trying to make Grandma smile.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• MARTHA1
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Mar 2013

Hi..

Thanks for the reply & what a great pic' I would have no doubt at all that you have an original autograph there! sugar ray has done the smiley face on all his autograph signings for as long as I can remember, a great memento that you have & one to treasure

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...