X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jollygood49
    • Jan 2013

Life expectancy of a bag

Hey, I was just wondering on average how long does a speed bag last before it's shot whether its the loop, seams, etc? I'm sure this varies by quite a lot but am just curious roughly what I should expect. Also, has anybody noticed a correlation between the price of the bag and longevity of it? Is there any brand that you've found to outlast all others? Thanks
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

Well, from experience, an Everlast "Everhide" (synthetic) will last a week, maybe two before the seams give. With protecion from weather (esp. moisture), most decent bags should last years - maybe needing a new bladder now and then. Seat the bladders with a little talcum powder, roll 'em with mild pressure to get the folds out, and keep the tongue flat with laces off the bladder and they'll last longer. I add the talc. and check the lacing on new bags. Lots of variables to consider. Keep the drum smooth and clean. This Everlast 4200 is over 25 years old and was left outside.
    Attached Files

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

It's not a real speed bag if it don't last years. Unless you're Edward Scissorhands or Vlad the Impaler

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...