• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

They're all 8X5s-Kinda-sorta

All these bags were bought as 8x5x except the NOS Ringside 4X7 on the far right. As you can see the new Ringside Heritage right next to it is even shorter. Just amazing what a difference there is in the actual sizes of these bags. Something to consider when ordering a bag.

fedora
  • florian 380
    • Nov 2012

Beautiful !!!!! Nice Bags ....

How do you get along with the promex ???
    I think my loop is sewed on a little bit crooked . Can't hit straight ... always going everywhere but not straight

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
      Beautiful !!!!! Nice Bags ....

How do you get along with the promex ???
      I think my loop is sewed on a little bit crooked . Can't hit straight ... always going everywhere but not straight
      When I first got the Promex it was a really flat rebounding bag. I replaced the bladder in it and it responds much better now. Although I like the other bags better and don't use it as often as I used to. I will occasionally put it on the swivel just to mix up my reflexes. How much air do you have in it?? You might try deflating it some and see if that helps. I had some of mine with too much air and they went all over the board. Deflating some made a big difference.

fedora

Comment

• florian 380
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by fedora View Post
        When I first got the Promex it was a really flat rebounding bag. I replaced the bladder in it and it responds much better now. Although I like the other bags better and don't use it as often as I used to. I will occasionally put it on the swivel just to mix up my reflexes. How much air do you have in it?? You might try deflating it some and see if that helps. I had some of mine with too much air and they went all over the board. Deflating some made a big difference.

fedora
        I also have a title bladder in it and not much air but this bag is crokked at all
        wont stay straight .

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by fedora View Post
          All these bags were bought as 8x5x except the NOS Ringside 4X7 on the far right. As you can see the new Ringside Heritage right next to it is even shorter. Just amazing what a difference there is in the actual sizes of these bags. Something to consider when ordering a bag.

fedora
          Nice display your of balls -- er, bags.

How do you like the Balazs bag? I ordered the smallest one, but it's misshapen. And it is very different from my other bags. Almost as if it requires a different style of punching to keep it going. Makes a lot of noise when striking it, for some reason. (It seems to jump and get hung up in the s-hook/eye screw of the swivel.) I need to work with it more before giving it a thumbs up (or down). It's definitely heavier than all of my other small bags. And, because it's misshapen and hangs funny, I'm going to try to exchange it for the next size up.

Do you have a favorite bag among this grouping, fedora?
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Nice display your of balls -- er, bags.

How do you like the Balazs bag? I ordered the smallest one, but it's misshapen. And it is very different from my other bags. Almost as if it requires a different style of punching to keep it going. Makes a lot of noise when striking it, for some reason. (It seems to jump and get hung up in the s-hook/eye screw of the swivel.) I need to work with it more before giving it a thumbs up (or down). It's definitely heavier than all of my other small bags. And, because it's misshapen and hangs funny, I'm going to try to exchange it for the next size up.

Do you have a favorite bag among this grouping, fedora?
            Thanks for the compliment (I think)LOL

The Balazs bag definitely swings different than my other 8x5s. It seems to swing different on your swivel and on the Powerswivel. The only swivel that seems to work well with it is the converted everlast ball and hook put into the everlast plastic housing. Can't figure out why, but it's not the shape, mine is very symmetrical. I was hoping for the Heritage to be the same size as the Balazs with the nice rebound of the 9x6 but it's just a little too small for me. The Balazs rebound isn't as responsive, but it's not bad. I guess I don't really have a favorite right now. I change them out pretty often to mix it up and don't really leave one on for an extended period. The Leone is the largest of the group, it's hard to see that because of the shadows.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...