• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Cleto Reyes or Balaz Lazer??

Ok I've been on a bag buying spree lately and I hate odd numbers. I currently have 9 bags. I gotta round out the herd with one more banana bag to make it an even 10. I want an 8x5 and I've narrowed it down to either the Cleto Reyes or the new Balaz Lazer.

Who has hit on both of these size bags that can give me their honest likes and dislikes of each one and if they had to choose one over the other which would it be and why. Also I see that the Balaz is quite a bit heavier than the Cleto, how does that affect the speed, is the Cleto faster?

Thanks for your input and for feeding the addiction.

fedora
  • Bag-A-Holic
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by fedora View Post
    Ok I've been on a bag buying spree lately and I hate odd numbers. I currently have 9 bags. I gotta round out the herd with one more banana bag to make it an even 10. I want an 8x5 and I've narrowed it down to either the Cleto Reyes or the new Balaz Lazer.

Who has hit on both of these size bags that can give me their honest likes and dislikes of each one and if they had to choose one over the other which would it be and why. Also I see that the Balaz is quite a bit heavier than the Cleto, how does that affect the speed, is the Cleto faster?

Thanks for your input and for feeding the addiction.

fedora
    Both great bags in their own right. I say get them both. If you have to be at an even number, maybe put one of your other speed bags up for adoption, otherwise go for an even 12.
    Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-22-2013, 11:59 PM.
    -Anthony

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Bag-A-Holic View Post
      Both great bags in their own right. I say get them both. If you have to be at an even number, maybe put one of your other speed bags up for adoption, otherwise go for an even 12.
      Well I do have a bag I don't use much. But I've already been trying to beat my wife to the mail box. But she still see's the paypal account at the end of the month. LOL

fedora

Comment

• reggabdeeps
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by fedora View Post
        Well I do have a bag I don't use much. But I've already been trying to beat my wife to the mail box. But she still see's the paypal account at the end of the month. LOL

fedora
        its sad but i know exactly what youre referring to!

can i make a suggestion? ship a bag to me and and youll have a nice set of 8 bags!

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by reggabdeeps View Post
          its sad but i know exactly what youre referring to!

can i make a suggestion? ship a bag to me and and youll have a nice set of 8 bags!
          Well that might work and then I could get both a have my set of 10. I'd really like some input on the performance of these 2 bags though as I'm not experienced enough to know how the weight difference affects performance.

fedora

Comment

• AtTheCross
            • Dec 2012

i don't have either bag, but i do have a Balazs Lazer 6x9 and it is faster than my Pro Mex 5x8.
            1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
            Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
            DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
            Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
            Retired Bags:
            Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

Based on some other threads I've read here on the forum, I'll probably go with the Balaz lazer 8x5. I should have done a little more research on my own before I even popped this thread up.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                ...hey fedora since your going to get the balazs lazer 5x8 i could send you my cleto 5x8 to try out for a week then send it back, it has a title bladder in it, just PM me your address...ralph
                Wow, that is a very generous offer and I really appreciate it. But I would just worry too much about it. If it got lost in the mail or if something happened to it I would feel sick about it. But thanks so much for the offer.

This is a great forum with people who are obviously very generous with both their time, knowledge and equipment. Glad I found the place.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...