X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbt74
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2012

Hello, I have wanted a speed bag for many years and now I am actually going to follow through and make it happen. I have been doing a bit of research off and on for a few years. It looks like I should be able to learn a lot of good info here. I now need to find a good quality affordable set up....
  • Bronxheart
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

Noob

I'm also a beginner on the speed bag. I've always wanted to learn how to properly hit the speed bag. I'm building the platform now, I ordered a title bag gyro balanced a large to start off. I bought a everlast swivel, I should of waited but I'll upgrade soon. I'm going to order the speed bag bible. Good luck on your bagging bro. Bronxheart.....

Comment

• jbt74
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2012

Thanks for the welcome.

I have some plans in mind to build my own. Does anyone know a good source for the drum. I saw a link on another thread for this place...http://www.bairdbrothers.com/. I like the Balazs ibox but it only has a 24" drum and is not designed to drill through the drum to bolt the swivel, frustrating.

Comment

• jbt74
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2012

Thanks for all the info.....I have been looking at this setup http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...-platform.html. The Title Precision Adjustable. Has anyone had anny experience with this one?

Comment

• Bronxheart
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2012

I'm in the process of making my platform now 28" everything is basically done. Just a few more coats of stain and waiting for my bag and swivel and I'll be ready to get busy lol...

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          i have four boards glued together on mine, the final drum i glued to it i got at lowe's. a precut table top round, they had a 24" and a 36" pine table top. i got the 36" and cut it down to 28" it is a soft wood but it has held up well to the speed bags since they are softer than the wood ;-) they do have sheets of hardwood plywood which was very nice and i bought a sheet of that but when i took it out to my car i couldn't get the sheet to fit in the car so i walked back into the store and exchanged it for the table round, but my first chose was the sheet of hardwood plywood to cut down to the size i wanted and glue four of them together, anyway it all worked out in the end...ralph

Comment

• jbt74
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2012

Well I ordered the Title Precision this past Monday and got a 20% discount. I will soon see how solid it is......

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...