• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • looster
    • Jul 2012

Maize bag or Slip Bag

Hello all- nice to meet everyone.
    Anyone here use or has made a Maize bag, aka Slip bag ?
    they are expensive and hard to find, I located mine from the UK.
    I do have an old Everlast 4205 which I may fill up with rice or sand and make a smaller Maize bag.

However, I love my speedbags and am loathe to do anything to the genuine article....anyone make a maize bag ? what materials did you use ?

thanks very much, love the SB forum.
  • sendmorecops
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2012

slip bag

I made a cheap one that works great. Just took a pillow case, put in some sand and duct taped it all around, then tied it to a rope that hangs from my rafter. Its not the prettiest but it does the trick, doesn't hurt too much to hit or get hit by. You could use rice if you want but I like sand cause its more incentive to not get hit. I could take a photo if you want

Comment

• looster
      • Jul 2012

Hi-thanks ! appreciate it. I want to use mine for strictly banging away at it, rather than slipping, so I think I need something more substantial.

Comment

• sambruin7
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2012

I got the Title one which cost only like $20 and its decent in that it's made of leather and feels like quality. Only thing is that it's heavy and hard so once in a while i'll get clipped and it actually feels like you got punched. And don't plan on hitting it because it's too hard and will mess up your hands. It's just for working your slipping (duh) and also shadow boxing.

Comment

• looster
          • Jul 2012

thanks everyone. I did end up taking my Everlast 4205 and made a maize bag out of it.
          1) I put tire patches on the inside to cover the hole at the bottom
          2) added about a quart of sand , just poured it in
          3) filled the rest up with rice.
          4) laced it up and hung it from the basement I-beam with rope.

well, it works very well, just what I wanted. it moves, you can hit it full on with either hand and it feels just right.

that 4205 had been sitting in box for years, I am very happy with how it turned out.

thanks for the comments and help, everyone.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...