• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soulite32
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2012

Hello everyone!

Basically just making my mandatory first post.
    I'm putting it here because I also have a question.

I've been hitting heavy bag for a year now, and have just recently gotten a double end bag. I loved how much it changed my workout and allowed me to work on defense and rhythm.

I've decided to get into speed bagging (?) and want to know what a good beginner speed bag would be.

I've been looking at a few on sale.
    Such as ones from title and ringside.
    I wanted to know, what company do you guys prefer the most?
    I know to steer clear of everlast (the really cheap ones, anyway), but I can't choose between title and ringside.

Also, my friend gave me a free swivel and platform today, the swivel is a basic everlast carabiner swivel. How long would that last me? It's brand new.

And last but not least, I found this on sale, what does everyone think of this bag?
    At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!
    Last edited by soulite32; 06-16-2012, 10:12 PM.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Steer clear of anything that has in it's description the phrase "durable synthetic leather", cause it ain't........

Comment

• shaunm81
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2012

Hello,

welcome to the forums I am pretty much a newb here also. I am not going to be of much help with your questions but from what I have read and heard the title bags are supposed to be some pretty good bags although my experience with my first title bag (classic) hasnt been real good but then again it could be something im doing wrong but dont see how it could be but there are lots of folks on here really like title bags. I am new to the speed bag world myself and I really like it but I got to get me another setup cause I have one of those free standing setups and there not worth a dime to speed bag on.

anyways youve came to the right place for help there are some great folks on the forums ms dee, dutchman, speed bag, and lots of other great members to help you along with helping you get a great setup.

Comment

• soulite32
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Steer clear of anything that has in it's description the phrase "durable synthetic leather", cause it ain't........
        Thanks for that tip!
        However, every speed bag on the cheaper side that I have looked at is made of synthetic leather.
        I don't have the money to buy anything over 35-40 right now.

Originally posted by shaunm81 View Post
        Hello,

welcome to the forums I am pretty much a newb here also. I am not going to be of much help with your questions but from what I have read and heard the title bags are supposed to be some pretty good bags although my experience with my first title bag (classic) hasnt been real good but then again it could be something im doing wrong but dont see how it could be but there are lots of folks on here really like title bags. I am new to the speed bag world myself and I really like it but I got to get me another setup cause I have one of those free standing setups and there not worth a dime to speed bag on.

anyways youve came to the right place for help there are some great folks on the forums ms dee, dutchman, speed bag, and lots of other great members to help you along with helping you get a great setup.
        Thanks for the reply shaunm81!
        Luckily I didn't go with a free standing setup as I was told to do by a friend, I got an actual platform mounted. Now I just need a bag!
        Last edited by soulite32; 06-16-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Randolph
          • May 2012

We usually get what we pay for. I bought the RINGSIDE Ultra Rebound that sells for $39.00 made of nice subtle leather and have beating it as hard as I can. So far it has retained its shape, and performed great. It was on sale for $29.00 when I bought it. Here is a little video of the RINGSIDE Ultra Rebound taking somewhat of a throttling. As you can see, I am no speed bag master, but the RINGSIDE Ultra Rebound bag is a great beginner bag made of good leather.
          Randolph Leslie Smith
          Washington State Licensed Real Estate Broker
          Learned Speed Bag fundamentals in 1973

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...