X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarthPistachio
    • Mar 2012

Made Some Jewelry!

Well the missus enquired if there was a way to get some speed bag jewelry and Alan has mentioned the possibility of it in the future.

Over the weekend whilst feeling a bit poorly (muscle pull which required copious rest) and generously just feeling quite sorry for myself -- I remembered I had a shapeways account that I have never actually used.

If you've never heard of it before - it's all to do with the new craze of 3D printing in as such that you can model something and the company will "print" it with special printers as a real world object for you in a large number of materials.

As I'm a modeler by trade I thought I'd give it a go and I've done two designs to start with and opened a shapeways shop which is the only way you can allow others to acquire your designs.

I've listed all sorts of materials from their metallic range - you can even get them to print the object in metal and then get it gold plated which is remarkably cheap considering the high price they charge for the solid silver versions.

Anyway here it is if you fancy checking it out...

If anyone has any specific requests for any models related to our sport they would like to see just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you!!

They can print things quite big - but naturally the cost goes right up then - but in plastic with a nice finish could make some nice trophies if you hollowed out the object to keep material cost to a bare minimum - lots of possibilities....

P.S. In case you're wondering Borse Celerita is just a play on the Italian words for bag and speed...
    Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
    Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
    They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....
  • DarthPistachio
    • Mar 2012

and - yup I've also experimented to see what it would cost for a swivel base housing printed from that company and I thought the pricing was a bit expensive really for a true solid object - they're a good company for small trinket type things but stuff like swivel bases start out at about 100 dollars for a solid and about 60 dollars for a hollowed out braced version -so not really viable

plus materials are not up to the job in plastics they offer and the metals versions for a swivel base are silly silly prices!
    Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
    Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
    They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...