X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltbaby
    • Apr 2011

Centaur Speed Bag?

Hi everyone, someone that owns a storage facility near me just put these on Craigslist for $10. Has anyone used a Centaur brand speed bag? They look new, or slightly used. I'm sure the gloves are too big, but I really just want the bag. It sort of looks like the Century logo, but maybe they used to be called Centaur? I couldn't find any more like this on Google/Ebay. I just hope it's not vinyl. I've got someone picking them up for me today so I guess I'll find out.

Edit: my friend just picked them up for me and says the bag is definately leather and in good shape. She obviously doesn't know what real leather looks like since it appears all Century bags are vinyl. Boo. Hope it inflates : )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Boltbaby; 03-26-2012, 02:09 PM.
    The rhythm is gonna get you, too!
  • Boltbaby
    • Apr 2011

Please delete thread

PLEASE DELETE THREAD, IT IS CENTURY...LOL! Must be an older one.

Originally posted by Boltbaby View Post
    Hi everyone, someone that owns a storage facility near me just put these on Craigslist for $10. Has anyone used a Centaur brand speed bag? They look new, or slightly used. I'm sure the gloves are too big, but I really just want the bag. It sort of looks like the Century logo, but maybe they used to be called Centaur? I couldn't find any more like this on Google/Ebay. I just hope it's not vinyl. I've got someone picking them up for me today so I guess I'll find out.

Edit: my friend just picked them up for me and says the bag is definately leather and in good shape. Hope it inflates : )

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Hey boltbaby. That looks like a Century speed bag to me. And yes, it is vinyl.

I bought one early in my speed bag addiction (it was about $19 new) at BIG 5 Sporting Goods. It was the only speed bag on the shelf and I bought it because I was anxious to down-size from my big red Everlast bag. It was hard on my hands and it didn't have very good rebounding qualities. Here's a 13-second clip showing the bag.

Attached Files
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Boltbaby
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        Hey boltbaby. That looks like a Century speed bag to me. And yes, it is vinyl.

I bought one early in my speed bag addiction (it was about $19 new) at BIG 5 Sporting Goods. It was the only speed bag on the shelf and I bought it because I was anxious to down-size from my big red Everlast bag. It was hard on my hands and it didn't have very good rebounding qualities. Here's a 13-second clip showing the bag.

If it seems to good to be true...
        Oh well, maybe I can use the bladder or something. It's funny, the guy said it was a Centaur and that sent me off on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what it was. By the time I figured out it was Century my friend had already picked it up for me. Sigh. I'll mess around with it, my everlast bag that size has a bubble on it so its getting unusable. Thanks for posting that vid, and wow, you were even using a U swivel!
        Last edited by Boltbaby; 03-26-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I'm not positive on this, but I'm pretty sure it's all vinyl. You'll know when you get it.

Here is a link:

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

I remember when Century started selling speed bags. Someone in their marketing dept apparently decided that it would be neat if they shipped and displayed them pre inflated in display boxes. I can't tell you how many of those I saw that already had blown seams sitting on the shelf or the local big box sporting goods store.

Comment

• Boltbaby
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              I remember when Century started selling speed bags. Someone in their marketing dept apparently decided that it would be neat if they shipped and displayed them pre inflated in display boxes. I can't tell you how many of those I saw that already had blown seams sitting on the shelf or the local big box sporting goods store.
              That's not good. The new Everlast they have in my Big 5 store are absolute junk, too.

I actually hit it around a bit last night and it wasn't too bad. What the heck, I'll just beat it 'til the seams bust ; )

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...