X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gfe76
    • Dec 2011

bag tongue

Small annoying problem. I have a pro mex small (red) bag. The tongue keeps sliding sideways exposing the bladder. It takes about 6 hrs of hitting (not continuous) and it slips again. I think I have it inflated correctly and it is laced tight. Suggestions? Maybe put a larger piece of leather/material over the tongue and reinflate?
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by gfe76 View Post
    Small annoying problem. I have a pro mex small (red) bag. The tongue keeps sliding sideways exposing the bladder. It takes about 6 hrs of hitting (not continuous) and it slips again. I think I have it inflated correctly and it is laced tight. Suggestions? Maybe put a larger piece of leather/material over the tongue and reinflate?
    Have you ever tried putting talcum powder inside the bag before inserting the bladder? This is Trainer Raul's trick. It helps to keep the bladder in place once you've got the valve inserted into its hole. Then add air gradually, stopping to squeeze and rub the bag every so often. This should 'seat' the bladder and it should stay in place as you finish out inflating the bladder. The key is getting it inserted so that it doesn't twist inside as you punch on it later. It IS very tricky to try to slide that leather flap down smoothly. Especially if you have 'man hands.' There's a funny 'Seinfeld' episode about 'man hands'...

Anyway, I hope this suggestion helps.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• gfe76
      • Dec 2011

Thanks lady! I'll give it a try. Seinfeld--a classic sitcom...but took me a while to get in to it.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by gfe76 View Post
        Thanks lady! I'll give it a try. Seinfeld--a classic sitcom...but took me a while to get in to it.
        I found the clip. I crack up every time I see this scene.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• gfe76
          • Dec 2011

thanks ralph,..great tip...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...