• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buster
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

Faster bag - advice?

I'm new to this forum but not to bags. I do my training at military gyms and I'm maybe spoiled by that in that I never paid a lot of attention to the bags.

Recently at my gym they had a nicely fast bag that I enjoyed. They replaced it (who knows why) with a smaller leather (both bags were leather) ringside. It is slow - requires a lot of work to keep it going and won't move fast. It seems to be of heavy leather construction (and of course is smaller) - which I think is slowing it down. The original bag was larger and "rounder" than this new bag - but I don't recall the brand.

Then the management decided to "improve" things still further by hanging it from one of those multicollared swivels. That slowed the bag down even further because those multicollars introduce a lot more friction between each collar that a simple hanging swivel.
    So now I am trying to work with a very slow bag set up - it's just not much fun.
    I bought a bag, backboard set-up for my older son - all Everlast - and the bag is again a small thick leather bag - slow.

For each of these bags I pumped them up to get some speed - but there just isn't much speed with these bags...

I don't know where to turn to find a nice speedy bag. Can you guys help??
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

I know exactly what you mean.

I have both ProMex and Title Yellow and Red, and I went through a similar experience. I really didn't like them at first, but they can be fun.

The bladder makes a big difference - rubber is bouncier than plastic, and EverLast makes some nice bouncy bladders hence nice bouncy bags.

The medium "Elite" is bouncy and fun to smack around, but it's (relatively) big and gets heavy.
    The meduim "Kangaroo" is also bouncy, but much lighter. It's on the big side once you get used to the smaller bags.

I think my favorite is the EverLast small "Kangaroo". As fast as you want it with just the right weight. Like bouncing a little superball between the street and the bottom of your shoe.

They are all fun!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...