• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roush
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2011

Please help/Having vibration issues =(

I was on the phone with a gentleman at Balzs yesterday for quite some time talking about different options to reduce vibration. I currently have 2 25lb sandbags on each side of the drum. they do help a lot with vibration but it still vibrates. One of his suggestions was to replace the ibox drum with their 30 inch hardwood drum. He said it would reduce the vibration by 15%. I have made some modifications the past few weeks and have managed to significantly reduce vibration. I'm still on a mission to reduce it as much as possible. Though I know i cannot completely eliminate it I would like to minimize it as much as I possibly can. My question is around the hardwood drum. Has anyone used this? Is it worth the $250?? I am more than OK with spending the extra money if it is in fact going to reduce the vibration. The gentleman at Balazs said it is heavier and more durable than the drum that comes with the ibox. I wanted to get some feedback and see if it's worth the purchase. Any suggestions around vibration (not noise) reduction would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Roush; 11-29-2011, 04:10 PM.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Haven't upgraded mine yet, here's one possibility,

If you do a search on "butcher block" you'll find some other ideas as well.

Comment

• Roush
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2011

Awesome I will check it out. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...