• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyspeed
    • Apr 2010

Kangaroo bag ?

Got the everlast 5x8 kangaroo bag today
    2 sides are 5 inch the opposite 2 sides are 4-1/4 inch ? It is not uniform ????? this is NOT a true 5x8 bag ..What is with this ?
    Anybody ?
    Thank you
    Last edited by jimmyspeed; 09-21-2011, 02:54 PM.
    jimmyspeed
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Everlast had all of their tape measures taken away from them, and because of this they can't give a good measure EVER.

I'm holding the mighty black and gold Everlast 6x4 in my hands, and I measure it as 8 1/2" x 5 1/4". The panels are not all the same width, there seem to be two sizes. The bag is wider by 1/4" in one dimension. If your car's disc brakes were warped this badly you could tap dance every time you hit the pedal. YET this Everlast hits perfectly well. Really love this bag.

My "perfectly" shaped Fighting Sports 8x5 always orients itself in one direction, one of the logos always seems to face me. Something about it must not be perfect. It hits great. Really love this bag.

I think with the ball hook perfection doesn't matter.

Your Kangaroo bag ought to punch precisely. I'll see how my new Kangaroo hits, when it arrives, I hope it hits just fine. Really love this bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jimmyspeed View Post
      Got the everlast 5x8 kangaroo bag today
      2 sides are 5 inch the opposite 2 sides are 4-1/4 inch ? It is not uniform ????? this is NOT a true 5x8 bag ..What is with this ?Anybody ?
      Thank you
      unfortunately it is the current state of overseas bag quality from Everlast.

JMO
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jimmyspeed
        • Apr 2010

What i mean is ,this is not your average bag with slightly different panels or slightly lopsided. When filled with air you can only hit on the (2) 5 inch sides... Its like a freaking pancake .. I never seen anything like this.. I wonder if this is what they mean by "there brand new design".... I called everlast and explained the situation they told me a lot of people been calling about the same thing put me on hold and finaly got to a message machine...i think im done buying there products sad to say...not to mention that is the only bag basicly they are offering for sale ?? .. I dont get it.

Thanks for the replys guys...
        jimmyspeed

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

There's no excuse for such poor quality control. If it can't be hit, hope you can get a refund. If mine turns out to be a reject, I'll join you in not buying that brand anymore.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Mine arrived today, it's pretty misshapen, but it hits OK. Probably won't buy another.

Comment

• jimmyspeed
              • Apr 2010

yeah..., sorry to hear we share the same unfortunate experience with these bags. mine hits ok too sort of but for that kind of money it should not be....
              jimmyspeed

Comment

• jimmyspeed
                • Apr 2010

you aint kidding ....
                jimmyspeed

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

... Its like a freaking pancake
                  Has yours plumped up yet? Mine is not so flat now, but it is still a bizarre shape.

I object to the shoddy quality control. This could be a good design in terms of weight and rebound, but I'd prefer a welted design with same size panels all the way around, and a bag that will hold up a few years before it gives up the ghost. Title bags are from China too, but even their low buck "Classic" has straight seams and will last a good long while.

Comment

• jimmyspeed
                    • Apr 2010

Not realy any better....i think the simple thing is that all the panels are not the same design has a lot to do with the problem of these bags....it will never be a uniform bag...material quality seems very good but... A weird bag...lol
                    jimmyspeed

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Not realy any better....i think the simple thing is that all the panels are not the same design has a lot to do with the problem of these bags....it will never be a uniform bag...material quality seems very good but... A weird bag...lol
                      Can you post a pic? I'd like to see how off it is. I've wanted to buy one of these, but I'm not gonna plunk down the cash if there is a good chance it'll be majorly deformed.

Comment

• jimmyspeed
                        • Apr 2010

Tim, sorry i have mine packaged up ready to go back where i bought it for store credit monday morning (tomorrow) hopefuly paranday could provide a couple pics....like i mentioned i called everlast and mentioned this to them and the person told me they are receiving similar calls to mine and they basicly gave me a run around... But...i found out what i wanted.. Which is.. I know i dont want a "replacement" bag .... so i am exchanging for a fighting sports bag...
                        Sorry i could not be of help with pics...
                        Last edited by jimmyspeed; 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM.
                        jimmyspeed

Comment

• Tim
                          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Sorry i could not be of help with pics...
                          No sweat. I've owned 2 fighting sports bags , I'm sure you'll be happy. I still use one of them (9x6), the other I gave away to someone (cause they needed a good bag).

Comment

• jimmyspeed
                            • Apr 2010

sounds good... i have heard from a lot of people they are very decent bags... just havent realy tryed one yet .
                            jimmyspeed

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

Here are two photos, Tim.

In the photo on the left, look at how crooked the valve is, and look how the one side is a strange shape.

The photo on the right shows a twist at the top. Like Bob Vila rehabbed a house while drunk.

The bag is out of round by about 1/4", but this is no different than the famous black and gold 6x4 bag by Everlast. Quality control is needed, this bag is a factory "second", and should be priced like a second.

I'm keeping it because I like the way these hit. But the love affair may be short lived. See my next post.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...