• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nav2809
    • Jul 2011

everlast swivel

hi guys i ordered this

(shout out to mrsmitts)

and basically i got the everlast novice swivel (which i guess is the same standard as this one) but it doesnt have the hook it has a triangle (with a point u can pull back to allow the bag to get in)

the swivel is great im not complaining, but is there any major differences?

my clunky old chain link is pathetic compared to this one and after putting it up five minutes ago and having a go, i have to say this one is true and the rebounds are perfect, the chainlink was doing my head in with odd bounces and not staying true!

by the way on a side note i am literally using my speedbag for boxing training so if i put vids up please dont expect me to be hitting side to side and backflipping with a blindfold on hitting to through the fires and the flames on expert like some of you guys out there

i am literally looking to hit forwards again and again constantly with greater speed and power over time, really hope this swivel will help me accomplish it
  • nav2809
    • Jul 2011

dang it theres ALWAYS a catch

was really liking it too

is there any way of stopping that BEFORE it happens? i kinda like this swivel

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Feb 2010

Hi Nav,

Glad you're getting on ok with the swivel but it's really annoying that Amazon sent you something different to what you thought you were buying. I notice now that it says 'currently unavailable'. I would not have been so enthusiastic about the one it looks like you got instead, the karabiner swivel.

What you could try though and it might speed things up even more, is to take off the triangle bit and use a short piece of shoelace instead. A few members here rate that and use a short loop of leather or shoelace.

With this type of swivel you have the option, so that's kinda cool.
      Glad you're having fun and it doesn't matter how you're hitting the bag! Just that you are

Comment

• nav2809
        • Jul 2011

thanks, to be honest it is working to my liking at the moment so i will leave it as it is, if it does hiinder my progress i will change to a shoelace or even to the chain link version of the everlast as it is meant to be quicker

any thoughts?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...