What happened to the old everlast standard swivels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • himmel
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2011

What happened to the old everlast standard swivels?

I used to box a long time ago, just recently started back up for exercise. Got a nice XS speed bag but I cant find a swivel compatible with my gym's swivel. The gym uses the old one(everlast standard?), which is what I used to use with my speedbag.

But I cant find it anywhere, I've ordered a total of 3 from different places and each time I get it , it ends up being different from the picture...

Does anyone know where I can buy the old version?
    Last edited by himmel; 07-11-2011, 05:11 PM. Reason: forgot attachment
  • himmel
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2011

sorry, I forgot the swivel picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

It looks like Everlast has stopped selling the old tried and true roller chain link swival, at least according to their website. Title sells a couple of versions of this style swival, however I do not know if they will work with the old Everlast screw flanges.

Comment

• juxt
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

i think balazs might sell that everlast swivel

Comment

• himmel
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2011

hmm that defiantly looks like it...

But im looking at the model...and I know the new ones are 4444, so is the BS4444 different are they the same?

Really tempted to order, but I dont want another useless swivel in the mail ><.

Comment

• himmel
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jul 2011

Sure that sounds like a good idea? I'm all for supporting a fourm.

as long as the swivel is the same one I'm looking, it sounds good to me!

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Here is an example of a Powermill "evil" swival. It has a one piece body (not a two piece like the old Everlast ball hook and chain link swivals). So if you are looking for a swival that will interchange with your gym's threaded flange, this isn't it

Comment

• reggabdeeps
                • Jun 2011

im pretty much in the same boat, my gym has the same swivel, just ordered a 4444 and am hoping it fits. which ones have you ordered? i know for sure there is a guy who uses his own bag with the same swivel, thats why i figured it wouldnt be too difficult to obtain.

Comment

• reggabdeeps
                  • Jun 2011

almost forgot... google everlast cotter pin swivel.

Comment

• reggabdeeps
                    • Jun 2011

ok scratch this idea... i bought the old 4444 model off ebay but i cant get the swivel to unscrew from the base. its seized some how, and i've tried everything (soaked it, WD-40, heated it up, monkey wrench with large pipe for leverage) even took it to a car shop for them to try with very large wrench and table vise... no luck.

it appears that some of the guys at my gym use a similar type swivel but definitely not the same model since it doesn't thread all the way down to sit flush on the base.

himmel, if you dont mind i'll send you a PM with my email and if you can take pictures of the swivels you already purchased... id like to just see what youve tried so i can skip them since youve tested already.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...