• Show
Clear All
  • the330ballers
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2007

Speed bag problem

that is my stand

and that is my speedbag (10 inch)

my speedbag is horrrrrible, the thing moves way too much from side to side. i put weights on it and it works better but i know that the weights can always fall off and theyre still shifting.. plus i got like 25 pounds on their and the stand still moves a little bit.
    the platform cannot stay stable and i don't know how it is supposed to

when you adjust the height of the speed bag you tighten this screw on the side of the bag and that just keeps spinning and has nothing really to spin on to

anybody used this stand?
    any advice?

should i also change the bag or the swivel?

and the ball can only move in one direction with this swivel, it onyl moves back and forth, not side to side. if you try to hit it that way it does not even hit the platform
    Last edited by the330ballers; 04-14-2007, 12:49 PM. Reason: pics didnt work
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

my speedbag is horrrrrible, the thing moves way too much from side to side. i put weights on it and it works better but i know that the weights can always fall off and theyre still shifting.. plus i got like 25 pounds on their and the stand still moves a little bit.
    the platform cannot stay stable and i don't know how it is supposed
    Where exactly are you putting the weights? On top of the platform? If so, that's pretty dangerous. Use a sandbag, it's much better and safer and the vibration from the bag won't affect the sandbag as much.

I've never used this type of platform, but I have seen Alan (known as "speedbag" here on the board) use some straps to help secure the platform and hold it in place. I'll let him tell you what to do with that.

I don't know what type of swivel you have either, but it sounds like the chainlink swivel and those only seem to work well in one direction. I'd recommend picking up a plastic ball/hook swivel from Everlast.

Sorry, I don't know much about the bag either, but I can tell you that Century is not generally known as making very good equipment.

Check out Title or Ringside here, they have very good stuff:

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

Comment

• jaguiler
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2007

look around this site - you can definately make that system work for you just fine. try the straps idea - alan has it listed pretty well how to do that.
      You can put 50lb sand bags on each leg - try 4 sandbags. another bag on the platform itself.

Comment

• the330ballers
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2007

thanks for the help guys
        btw im not gonna get a complete new one lol im not giving up on this one even though its shit i dont have the money to buy a new one and i wanna make the most of this shitty stand

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...