X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avadia
    • Nov 2010

Got a Jim Bradley Bag

Finally got my Jim Bradley Pro Speedball (and swivel). I ordered them directly from JB way back in early December. I had given up on ever seeing them and then they magically appeared at my doorstep yesterday.

The bag is very interesting. The leather is softer and more supple than any other speed bag I own. It has a really nice feel. The rebound is incredibly fast. The only bags I have that bounce this fast are my Everlast Pro Kangaroo bags. But this has an even nicer feel than those bags, with a little more mass to it.

The shape of it is one of the roundest bags I own. It's probably supposed to be somewhere around a 9x6 in size, but I swear it's closer to a 9x8! No wonder they call it a ball. Lol. It actually makes for a difficult bag to hit on the Powermill swivel. Much harder to keep going than any of my other bags. I expect there is a bit of a learning curve to this bag. You have to concentrate a lot harder to hit the center of the belly. A very slight mishit can send the bag on a tangent that quickly becomes unrecoverable.

Haven't had a chance to use the swivel yet. Not sure when I am going to get it mounted, as I am pretty happy with the swivels I have on my boards right now.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

"Very fast and easy on the hands. Almost feels like it's filled with Helium."
    --Alan Kahn

That Pro Speedball kangaroo is one bag I really want to try. Heard there may be a Jim Bradley distributor in the USA in the future. One can hope.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      "Very fast and easy on the hands. Almost feels like it's filled with Helium."
      --Alan Kahn

That Pro Speedball kangaroo is one bag I really want to try. Heard there may be a Jim Bradley distributor in the USA in the future. One can hope.
      Yeah, me too. Great bags, the quality is definitely higher than your average bag. I have one given to me by Deano, definitely one of my prized possessions. They are expensive, but worth it, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
      The bag is very interesting. The leather is softer and more supple than any other speed bag I own. It has a really nice feel. The rebound is incredibly fast. The only bags I have that bounce this fast are my Everlast Pro Kangaroo bags. But this has an even nicer feel than those bags, with a little more mass to it.
      I have an older model, and agree on all points. Great bag. Sounds like their quality control hasn't gone down the tubes like some other vendors. We also had a bunch of these (new ones) at SPEED B.A.G. 2010 and I enjoyed hitting on them alot, as did several others.

The shape of it is one of the roundest bags I own. It's probably supposed to be somewhere around a 9x6 in size, but I swear it's closer to a 9x8!
      Yep, mine too... they run large... or are measured differently, I don't know.

Haven't had a chance to use the swivel yet. Not sure when I am going to get it mounted, as I am pretty happy with the swivels I have on my boards right now.
      That is my favorite "u-bolt" style of swivel. it's much better than a traditional u-bolt though - easy to control, lets you hit at super fast speed, and is actually not bad at taking side punches.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I'm sure if there was enough demand, RP65 could probably become a distributor. I'd really like to have a Jim Bradley, and a Lonsdale Authentic Peanut. The shipping just stings a little too much.

Comment

• 08speed3
          • Dec 2010

WHOA!! A 3-month wait on shipping! I would be pissed! Looks like JB is using the slow shipping method! Using the actual ship. It also depends on when they filled your order & when they release the container from their postal site. (sometimes they wait till the container is full) But if u dont mind waiting, all of this doesnt matter. For me waiting that long is unacceptable!!
          Avadia im kinda curious, did they tell you what method of shipping they were going to use?

Comment

• Avadia
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by 08speed3 View Post
            Avadia im kinda curious, did they tell you what method of shipping they were going to use?
            It went out by "Australia Post" whatever that means. Part of the delay was due to the fact that they closed over the holidays and lost my order in the system. So sometime in January they notified me of that and I resent the order. I think part of the delay was also in U.S. Customs. Have no idea about the rest of it. Honestly, I just didn't worry too much about it and was kind of shocked when it finally showed up. But I am certainly enjoying it now.

Comment

• 08speed3
              • Dec 2010

Honestly, I just didn't worry too much about it and was kind of shocked when it finally showed up. But I am certainly enjoying it now.
              Avadia you're a cool cat! Thanks for writing down the review.

Comment

• RP65
                • Jan 2011

Distributor for Jim Bradley

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                I'm sure if there was enough demand, RP65 could probably become a distributor. I'd really like to have a Jim Bradley, and a Lonsdale Authentic Peanut. The shipping just stings a little too much.
                Ralph here (RP65), Just to let you know, I've been contacted by the Director of Jim Bradley Speedball Co of Australia last week by phone, in regards to becoming there first North American Distributor, If all goes well we may be able to import there fine products in to the states at a reasonable price.
                My main concerns are as follow unit price, import taxes, customs fees & shipping
                once we agree on all of the above, I will do my best make this happen if there is enough interest in it.

Ralph, P.S. Still working on Pre-Orders for Cleto Reyes group buy, Please check the thread, also genuine N.O.S. Ringside bags still available.
                ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• Avadia
                  • Nov 2010

That's great, Ralph. Definitely a quality product to be involved with. Unfortunately, I think they will be on the expensive side, but then you do have to pay a premium for quality like that. Along with bags, they also make one of the finer u-bolt swivels in existence. And those aren't too expensive.

Comment

• paranday
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2009

That's great, Ralph. Definitely a quality product to be involved with. Unfortunately, I think they will be on the expensive side, but then you do have to pay a premium for quality like that. Along with bags, they also make one of the finer u-bolt swivels in existence. And those aren't too expensive.
                    You do have to pay a premium, but look at it this way. I bought an Everlast bag off eBay, it was made in USA back in 1984. The price on the sticker put on the box by the retailer in 1984 says $75.95. In today's dollars, the Cleto and the Jim Bradley are very reasonably priced by comparison.

Count me in for some Bradley bags, Ralph.

Comment

• Avadia
                      • Nov 2010

You do have to pay a premium, but look at it this way. I bought an Everlast bag off eBay, it was made in USA back in 1984. The price on the sticker put on the box by the retailer in 1984 says $75.95. In today's dollars, the Cleto and the Jim Bradley are very reasonably priced by comparison.
                      That's a great point. The sad part is that most of us would be willing to shell out $75 to $100 to Everlast for a quality bag, rather than pay $35 for a crappy one that starts disintegrating within days/weeks. Maybe the broader market just won't support the price for a quality bag. Or maybe the executives at Everlast just aren't very smart.

Comment

• Tim
                        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Count me in for some Bradley bags, Ralph.
                        Amen to that.

I'm in for at least 1 Jim Bradley bag and a swivel ( I know you aren't taking pre-orders, just indicating my interest).

Comment

• Allentown
                          • Oct 2010

I will definetly take the U-bolt swivel.

Comment

• Avadia
                            • Nov 2010

The shape of it is one of the roundest bags I own. It's probably supposed to be somewhere around a 9x6 in size, but I swear it's closer to a 9x8! No wonder they call it a ball. Lol.
                            Finally got around to measuring this bag. It actually measures out to 9" tall by 6 3/4" wide. So almost 9x7. And it has about an inch tall loop. With a nice teardrop shape. This is also the first bag I have ever owned that has the inflation valve at the top, under the loop, rather than at the bottom of the bag. All in all, a fun-hitting bag now that I am starting to get used to it. Very fast, especially for its size. And it has a very soft feel.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...