• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

protecting the leather

I know this subject has been discussed and discussed. Now it's my turn to get some feedback. Has anyone ever tried Lemon oil? My bags are cracking and Nina got this stuff for me from the health food store and claims it should help restore and protect the bags. Just wondering.
    sigpic
  • Brother Cavefish
    • Jan 2011

i just stick with pure neatfoot oil it comes straight from the animal and goes on the animal- its cheap at any saddle store make sure you dont get the "compound" it has petrolium products- i bought 8 oz of this stuff and it should last for years and spreads like crazy ,very thin
    -to tell you the truth though ,i have never thought of conditioning my bags till i read it on here and i just recently bought some new ones and noticed one of them was warped (not true round), did the oil do it , i am not sure if it stretched out the leather or if i just did not notice the oval shape before- all the other bags are fine

food for thought
    Last edited by Brother Cavefish; 02-18-2011, 03:17 PM.
    Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

• PIEFURZ
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      I know this subject has been discussed and discussed. Now it's my turn to get some feedback. Has anyone ever tried Lemon oil? My bags are cracking and Nina got this stuff for me from the health food store and claims it should help restore and protect the bags. Just wondering.
      Just don't get your tongue frozen to the swivel when you lick on them. You know how cold that garrage gets. Don't know if it would hurt, with lemon it may be acidic. What is it normally used for?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...